-
Posts
11,236 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Neilp
-
This still makes me laugh. The only person to own Ricey is his mum.. We can see he has learned from the best
-
Should we have shortest and tallest as well? can we have biggest chest/back size also
-
Blimey, I've always wondered how people can afford to buy/insure nice cars at that age! I didn't even have the dosh to buy a car at 17 and at 19 I just had a sh*tbox mk 4 escort that cost me 400 quid! I bought my car when I just turned 21 and it was about 2 years old. In the week before I bought my missus a new suzuki swift sport. Its all about how you spend the money. At that age I worked very hard doing alot of hours and decided rather than drinking my money I was gonna spend it on cars. With out wanting to sound rude,please feel free to tell me to F OFF, But buying a new swift and a 350z in 2 week were they bought outright?? at that age if so what job were you doing then I'm was working as a Commercial & domestic gas service engineer also doing HVACR and electrical servicing (Qualified in domestic/commercial gas, elec, and refrigeration at the time) and studying at the same time. I'm not so sure the exact figures but +60% deposits on both as I needed to keep finance running for gap insurance(or so I was led to believe)
-
Haha I think that's where I went wrong! Fair play to you dude lol I can easily spend 200 quid a weekend on booze so that over a month is a large amount of money. My mates do it and have shitty cars, I don't have nice cars... No brainer for me lol Its changed days now though. I had a saxo vtr for my first car @17. A New C2 VTS for my 2nd car @18 A new Mini cooper s JCW tuned and kitted car @ 19 Suzuki swift sport and 350z nismo kitted car @ 21 Sadly I've been hanging on to the last two though as I'm pretty much in love with both of them. The suzuki swift sport is a little pocket rocket and handles like a go-kart.
-
lol I have a soft spot for them. There is one at knockers which is stripped and caged and tuned. Blimey it shifts. The bizarre thing was I was catching him in the corners. The problem was coming out the corners trying to get this big fat piece of lard moving again, he was disappearing for about 50 yards and then once I gained momentum I could catch him
-
Blimey, I've always wondered how people can afford to buy/insure nice cars at that age! I didn't even have the dosh to buy a car at 17 and at 19 I just had a sh*tbox mk 4 escort that cost me 400 quid! I bought my car when I just turned 21 and it was about 2 years old. In the week before I bought my missus a new suzuki swift sport. Its all about how you spend the money. At that age I worked very hard doing alot of hours and decided rather than drinking my money I was gonna spend it on cars.
-
I totally agree but on most track days its fun to try and chase someone down. I would never rely on following them to get the lines of the track though as 4wd, fwd & rwd cars all have different lines. My personal favourites are clio sport 182's. Those cars are very quick round tight tracks and great fun to have a bit of friendly sprint with.
-
-
Yeah whos laura???
-
350z paul was 17 or 18 when he got his zed and then 20 or 21 when he got his r35 gtr. His brother was 17 with a 370z and is currently 19 or so with a c63 amg coupe infact he has just bought a cosworth impreza also
-
I think you may have interpreted what was being said differently from what was meant. I chase people but I don't follow the person infronts lines. I drive my own lines. Once driving on tracks you will naturally pick up turn in points and catch the apex with ease. I made myself sick bedding in a set of brakes. Had to stop at the side of the motorway to throw up. Purely because of the aggressive start stop nature of the job
-
Doh im forgetting its a 32 u have
-
I took the bumper of to find it was just because the washer bottle wasnt full up mate.. double check its full There's no life to the pump. Had to leave it on the ramps at mates garage last night to come home and look after the boys. Hoping it's just the fuse. The pump is a bitch to change. Though I may be able to jury rig the wiring and use the rear window pump. Still got to get it through emissions too. Timing is tight. The pump wasnt working on mine until i filled it right up. The windows would wash but the lights done nothing. Just double check lol U need to get a good mot guy
-
Neil Lol I kept getting phone calls saying when are you coming back to the forum.. its getting boring and theres no drama! So here I am
-
I took the bumper of to find it was just because the washer bottle wasnt full up mate.. double check its full
-
Paul from up here had is zed at 17 and then an R35 at 21ish
-
Opie oils is pretty cheap for this stuff usually. Mobil 1 is rubbish and not a great oil. It has declined in reviews over the past while. I used it once and took it out after a month. Go for motul or Fuchs Titan tax pro
-
This man speaketh the truth. Myself and my best mate Mark often do trackdays together, and it'll be a mix of Impreza, 911, MX5 and Caterham. No matter what he's driving, if I passenger with him then I can only do a few laps before I have to get out, else I'll barf all over his interior. By his own admission he's far from a smooth driver, quick but very abrupt with his inputs, and it makes for a horrible ride. Not just me that has that issue, other friends of ours who have been out with both of us (often in the same vehicle) make the same comment. I'm much smoother so they'll happily pax with me, and Mark's binary input driving means they tend not to stay out with him for very long. I would imagine that it's your own inputs that are causing the car to move around far too much and upsetting your brain, and making you feel sick. There's no easy cure apart from practice, but that along with the medicine should help. I wouldn't bother doing any upgrades to 'cure' this just yet, until you'll done at least one more TD (airfield if you want, as it's cheaper) and taken some tuition. Definitely get a CG Lock though, I use one in all my vehicles as they're brilliant and for £35, you can't go wrong. Exactly this!! ^^^^ You will also save on brakes and fuel etc with better driving style. Look at Greekman, a set of discs and pads last him a day or two, I can get 5 tracks sessions on mine. Don't get me wrong he drives pretty fast but he has very minor sympathy towards the vehicle and passengers lol
-
What time is everybody eating at?
-
A mini to a Ferrari! ! that would have been something you would never have heard again lol They are paying you too much Neil ! Lol the mini was more expensive than the 350z! Jcw stuff has a massive premium, especially the wheels brakes seats and body kit let alone the tuning pack which got ripped out and altered after a few months lol. The Ferrari was in reach at about 40k for an older model. Couldn't afford a new one though. Wasn't thinking about repair costs at the time either. Thought I'd be cool as **** at 21 driving a Ferrari lol
-
I was 21 when i bought the zed, a crash 1 month before @ 8k cost. My insurance was only 1300 quid with zero no claims bonus. The crash was in a mini cooper s jcw, mods declared runnin 230bhp. I was only 18 when I bought the car and was only 1200 to insure. The crash was the only thing that made me buy a zed as I was originally buying a ferrari 360 and insurance was 1800 until I crashed which made the premium go up by a grand which I wasnt prepared to pay. So i bought the missus a new suzuki swift sport and bought myself a zed and insured both for around 1800 quid and now its well below the grand mark for both at the age of 25.
-
I will defo be eating mate Its fine my tent is real easy to pitch. Can do it myself in about 10 mins lol Its a coleman tent so pretty simple and nothing too large.
-
Ill be arriving around 8pm so be ready to give me a hand pitching camp as the missus will not be a great hand (indoor girl) lol
-
Is your car supercharged or turbo'd?