Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. Low means running constantly at full whack and max is running full whack on heating. This is a thermostat and doesnt control the air temp coming out the vents, althought the air temp will vary. If set at 18degrees then its got to cool the car down to 18degrees. So it will ramp up at first to full load and once the temp is approached it will slowly lower the load to maintain the temp
  2. You can buy coil cleaners etc from the Internet which will make cleaning easier
  3. No it's doesn't have to be service. The condenser can do with a clean down and, if you can get into it , the evaporator could be disinfected and freshened up to improve performance. As long as its working fine i wouldn't worry about it though.
  4. mines the same, hole in the radiator (which im guessing is the condenser). Yeah that's the condenser
  5. What program's are people using to edit. I'm using PS CS5 but I'm not great at using it as I'm self taught. I can do basic colour editing and stuff with the raw images but that's about it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
  6. +1 so the only reason it should ever need a regas is if its leaking? mines booked in regas on saturday - i've run it during the hot weather and its not working at all - mind you they have regas it to find the leak dont they. Why should running it constantly make any difference? They pressure test with nitrogen to find the leak
  7. No, if theres dye visible theres a leak. I'm not sure about vehicles but in buildings there is big fines for having refrigerant leaking due to the effect it has on the atmosphere.
  8. no it wont, I'm an a/c engineer if it has lost its charge which most cars will do, it will need recharged. Air coming out of vents should be well below 10degree Celsius with seconds of being turned on. Running a system for extra time will not make it work. An air con regas consists of- Reclaim any old refrigerant. Pressure test with Oxygen free nitrogen to ensure no leaks. Vacuum the system out to remove any moisture. Recharge system with correct weight of gas. This is the correct procedure for regassing any a/c system.
  9. apprentice wages aren't bad these days. As a 3rd year apprentice service engineer I was on 25k
  10. Uz are all losers
  11. Can you not try and get into an engineering role in the forces and then it gives you something to leave with?
  12. On a serious note, have you had the fluid changed recently?
  13. Go to the gym and get stronger arms. Either that or buy a city car for daily driving.
  14. Behave
  15. Those aren't nismo center caps though? What are they? Really ruin the look of the wheel IMO
  16. Lmao! I ordered the 150 piece set as all my garage tools were my dads from back in his racing days so there are imperial stuff mixed with metric and just a bit messy and rusty these days. Can't go wrong for 100 quid and lifetime guarantee
  17. Speak to Mitz as he supplies cobra systems which are a good alternative
  18. Go look underneath it and say what u see
  19. The 150 £200 quid set is down to 99. This has the ratchet spanners which are very handy when working under the car
  20. They're not even good for track. I bought a set and sold them after ones session due to being heavy. However they are excellent winter wheels
  21. Two very different exhausts and not well made! Save and get a buddy club system. You won't be disappointed
  22. Neilp

    Tyre Sizes

    Yea I was behind you entering Santa Pod a few weeks back. You went up with a load of other Jap cars I noticed. Well I am pretty low and yes my suspension is very firm but it does tend to handle better than OEM suspension around the track. But I am not massively fussed as I don't track it that often. Providing it is still smooth to drive and feels good I will be happy. I certainly wouldn't sacrifice the ride for larger/wider wheels, but I am confident I can get it set up to get the best of both wheels. what you saw the A3? yeh she is my work horse now but was my pride and joy before i got the 350 took me 6 months to work out what wheels i could get on that as know one had done it to an A3 then. I meant Neils 350Z! But you should put pics up of the A3 I wasn't at the pod mate? My cars in pieces just now :-s
  23. Neilp

    Tyre Sizes

    Yeah a few cars have those wheels over here now but to have the car that low means literally zero suspension movement, which in turn leaves the handling terrible. I know my cars not to everybody's taste but only really comes out when's there's a major event/run on or when going to the racetrack. If it was my daily then there's no way id have it vinyld up.
  24. Neilp

    Tyre Sizes

    Why do people do this? I don't get it? The car will handle like poo and too much of a stretch looks silly. I don't mind a slight stretch and wheels filling the arches but ridiculous camber looks atrocious and does not help the drive/capability of the car on bit
  25. Neilp

    Rx7

    like that alot except the bonnet has a bit too much going on for me
×
×
  • Create New...