Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. Has anybody followed the instruction on the map?
  2. He defo lost it! Must have been doing stupid speeds!! Aw well that's my car going up in value
  3. Is that the car I seen a couple of months ago floating about up our way?
  4. If DA sale falls through give me a shout
  5. Wouldnt be the first time lmao! I think chubbs should do the custard test
  6. Anybody else think vals bk with a new username?
  7. Sounds like a decatted scorpion system tbh.
  8. I saw this and thought of you. Weird, I look at your posts and think of this: I personally think its a positive addition to any forum to have someone who has actually driven a variety of cars in a variety of situations and is able to express his thoughts - sure, you might not agree with them but as he says, they are a shedload more valid than a tool who only drives when hes in bed, fast asleep. Ekona and his (sometimes outspoken) opinions bring a lot to this message board and club in general, whereas you just seem to bring a bad attitude and not much to say. Im sure you are really pleased with your comments here but theres nothing in them - no content, no opinion, no fact, you arent an MP's assistant are you? Same as anything, if you dont like what youre reading then dont read it. I agree with yourself docwra! We all know the people on here who know what they're talking about. I respect Dans comments a lot, even when I don't necessarily agree, I know there's good reasoning behind what he is saying.
  9. Car should have 5w30 fully synthetic in it. I'd get it removed ASAP and changed to a premium fully synthetic
  10. You've spelled red wrong in the advert btw
  11. Is his exhaust hitting the braces or diff?
  12. Neither tbh! I'd be buying something like these
  13. Yes he is on here but I cant remember his username
  14. The nuts will be seized solid and will probably snap.
  15. I agree!
  16. Neilp

    Belts...

    No cam belt. Two belts at front of engine. Gates micro-V are the way to go. Alex does provide these at a decent price. Not sure what other traders offer. Easy job if you have the correct tools. Decent socket set and some ramps are required. Makes sure the socket set has a decent size breaker bar also. Job is probs an hour max for a rookie with correct tools Pm Mitz at CS and zmanalex and see what they can do for you.
  17. Do you know the prices on this V?
  18. I answered a knock at the door from my neighbour who pointed out my work car had reversed across the road, through her fence and into her garden.. Left the car with the handbrake on and wheel locked at a slight angle. Luckily the steering angle made the car avoid my other car that was parked 10yards down the street. No damage to the car except a scuff. Council fixed her fence for her for free because she's elderly. A year after, the car was in for its service, it turns out there was a recall on the car (about 2 yrs previous) as when you held the button in when pulling the handbrake up it prevented the handbrake from engaging correctly and this was quite a common occurrence.
  19. I did a similar thing at the Wales meet in 2011, rolled back in to a wooden fence pole, luckily did no damage but the fence pole made a rather load cracking sound. I used to leave it in gear but my HB seems much better since I had my brakes upgraded. Don't know why it feels better as the handbrake is completely separate from your normal brake calipers. The brake shoes sit inside the drum on the rear. Only think that I can think of is that you new rear discs have better friction on the internals(if you replaced your discs that is)
  20. i do agree fully. Stock zed is pants IMO. Feels wollowy like a boat and very unsettled. I think thats a bit of an over exageration, I mean it could be a lot better and it's pretty easy to make it better but I wouldn't say it's like a boat out the box! I think until you have driven one which is set up you won't be able to understand the difference.
  21. i do agree fully. Stock zed is pants IMO. Feels wollowy like a boat and very unsettled.
  22. My laptop done this when the ram burnt out
  23. No u can't put new plates on an older car
  24. You can make a zed great fun to drive with some money My car is raw as hell as handles like its on rails. It does bite if you don't treat it with respect. The acceleration is very aggressive and the ride is quite stiff. I know for a fact that I can throw my car round be roads very quickly as anybody that's been on a run will testify. Even on a small track like Knockhill the Lotus's, clios sports & s2000's have issues on the twisties trying against me in my car without running nos. The combination of roll cage, kw's, arbs, arms and my wheel allignment makes my car awesome to drive. There's minimal body flex and roll and the car is very responsive. I will however say that getting the zed to this point is very expensive and time consuming and if you had to do the same on the s2000 there's no doubt it would be even better than the zed. However it is possible to make the zed a very capable car.
×
×
  • Create New...