Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. Very generous of you Neil! Considering the amount of work Keyser and crew do for zero return most of the time it's nice for somebody to make such a contribution! Well done guys!
  2. Sounds like somebody has sprayed wd40 or something on the alternator and its got on the belt tbh This can cause smoking also
  3. I'll do checks on the boot but I'm sure Keyser said its about 50-60kgs difference. I can't do the rest as the car has already been transformed. I already have a cage in which added a little bit more weight but nothing to disadvantage the car as the car has very minimal body flex now making the car alot more precise to drive. My car has had so much changes a gross after weight would not be a great guide for other people. There used to be a thread on here where somebody weighed all there parts. My car is a facelift so weights may vary to previous models. I'm hoping to have carbon doors on the car next year depending on money situation as I'm trying to build/by a house at the moment. The doors are supposed to be a crazy weight saving when you change them over but I will need cross bars fitted to the cage to stop any serious damage to myself in the event of an accident as there will be literally zero side protection.
  4. Neilp

    Body roll

    Arbs's will make it even better. I ran coilovers with standard arbs and still had some body roll issues on track. Replaced with eibach arbs and couldn't believe the difference. The car corners almost level with minimal body roll. It's worth bearing in mine that the stiffer the car the more likely it is to understeer or oversteer in wet conditions. It will still do this in the dry but much more likely in the wet. My car is set up for the dry and is an absolute handful to drive fast in the wet. This is a combination of my wheel allignment, shocker adjustment and arb setting, along with the roll cage make the car even stiffer.
  5. I have a carbon boot and wing waiting to go on in place of the oem boot. That is a massive saving in weight. Also ripped out the oem seats and replaced with recaro's
  6. Neilp

    Body roll

    Tyres will do nothing for body roll I'm afraid.
  7. Neilp

    Body roll

    Upgrade shocks to adjustables and fit adjustable anti roll bars such as eibach. When u start to corner flatter you run the risk of getting understeer or oversteer depending on how you set it up so be very careful with what you do.
  8. Neil, you are soooooo cool I can't help it G! It comes naturally to me
  9. is this on your iphone or mobile phone? If it is then you will have to click it twice and it will bring it up.
  10. Contender for best thread title of the year award!!
  11. hahahhahaha ROFL!!
  12. I tend to give the manly nod to other cool cars or a quick finger up from the wheel to share my appreciation.
  13. It may be the nut that joins the motor thats came off. It happened to one of our members up here when we were on a run. Take of the plastics in the engine bay and you will access it easily(thats if its the same as the 350)
  14. Use the proper oem supplied nissan stuff. Aftermarket can cause some issues. Some members have managed to use aftermarket with no issues but I'd avoid. PM a few of the suppliers. Zmanalex supplies the oem fluids for this. I'm not sure if CS and Abbey motorsport also supply them? PM all the traders and ask for prices. When doing gearbox fire in a tube of molyslip also to help make the gearbox a little smoother. EDIT: Never realised CS had already messaged
  15. The one you have posted will no doubt fall apart very easily. As you said, " buy junk, buy twice." That pipe you've looked at is junk. A good y-pipe will costs you money unfortunately. You are saying that paying a lot with no tangible benefit doesn't suit. If I were you I'd like to think of the benefit as the fact it won't fall apart after a few months
  16. ROFL What is you're nationality?
  17. I did have quite a few but then they disappeared with the forum changeover to the new format. I still have 0 at the moment which I'm very proud of
  18. Neilp

    Failed MOT!!!

    Take your car to a performance garage who knows there cars. Thats the best way to pass an mot with HFC or Decats
  19. We should have a league table of who has been banned. That would be much more fun. May be the only time somebody from scotland has one a national league
  20. These are the ones I used http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-led-extreme-power-1.5w-360-degree-white-blue-red-amber.html
  21. Meh 490 for me.. Doesn't bother me. Small costs in comparison to other things.
  22. Those leds look very dull! I have the ones with 360leds and they're very very bright compare to them.
  23. Have you tried removing them and checking ur lights?
  24. Would this price be the same for a kit with the revup bracket?
×
×
  • Create New...