Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. Im suprised you never seen me, although my car is very discreet
  2. hahaha not my style ... i play the game but break the rules
  3. It really isnt worth the hassle getting involved with these people. Just pull over and let them past. You never know who you're messing with. My grandad who is 89 got headbutted of a teenager because the teenager cut him up and stole a parking space. It could be a random teenager or a real life gangster. You never know... keep yourself safe and dont worry about others.
  4. well done athol.... you missed a spotted post for you's on saturday btw im sure it was you's
  5. I generally just ignore people. I do get angry because i drive thousands of miles a week at work. To be honest it really isnt worth the hassle. I had this a while ago... A guy tailing me on a 60road which was wide. I was young probs around 18yrs old and in a brand new c2 vts. The guy followed for a bit so i moved over and there was more than enough room to go by me. He never went. So as I cut onto the slip for the motorway he gave abuse as he passed. So i mouthed to him to go f*ck himself. The lunatic handbrake turned on a 60mph road and came down the slip road after me. I'm a pretty calm guy so i kept cool. He undertook me on the slip road and his daughter in the rear seat decided to give hand gestures so i just laughed at them and carried on my way. He pulled onto the hard shoulder and got out and closed his bonnet correctly(which wasnt shut right when he was behind me) So in rush hour traffic i carried on. A couple of minutes later i see the lunatic travelling down the fast lane and he came right up my arse. So the traffic infront of me slowed and i had to brake heavily and he ran straight into the back of me. His car was destroyed and i thought mines was too. His daughter (about 14yrs old) threw a brick off the back of the car and started punching my passenger window at the missus. The guy was also punching my window at me. I noticed his wife was also in the car. SO he's mouthing to me, "what you gonna do now big man" I mouthed back " you ran into the rear of me you stupid c"nt, see you in court " So anyways i called 999 and reported him attacking me, a police helicopter showed up with 2 cars. While we were waiting a few people stopped as they recognised my car. I got out of the car... i'll tell you something.. he wasnt so smart when he seen the size of me.. he was merely a shadow of my arm. I sat quite low in my cars as a youngster and probably looked pretty small. He soon changed his tune. His daughter then proceeded to throw a brick at my dad when he turned up as he spotted me on his way home from work. The police turned up.. he admitted everything... police didnt even breath test him. I got a 3.5k claim for injuries, the missus got 2k happy days... I always play the thinking mans game with arsehole drivers
  6. Tbh I wouldn't do any track with low pads. The reds will fade very quickly on track. I would probe recommend selling the reds or keeping them for day to day use and get a set of pads to swap in to use at the track. The very least I would recommend is yellowstuff pads. The bluestuff pads aren't road legal as they need a bit of warming to work great. If the supplier will allow you to return the reds I would and change for yellowstuff. If not ferrodos seem to be a pad of choice at the track although they can be noisy.
  7. Congrats, wouldn't be using redstuff pads at the ring. You'll be lucky to get a lap out them before they over heat. I would have went for ferrodos or ebc yellowstuff/bluestuff pads for track action. Red stuff are very soft and warm easily. They really aren't suited to the weight of the zed tbh. Good luck with all the repairs
  8. Full detail with paint correction ftw Well done with the outcome !
  9. I have got a few of Neil sitting on the bonnet Thanks for that Ricey - makes it all feel worthwhile! Those pics were for your personal pleasure only!!
  10. Good figures on the results Davy! I had major issues getting on the dyno but got there eventually! Will see you soon for a blast! I'm sure you'll be able to feel the difference! Mines has changed dramatically
  11. Welcome Carla! Ricey has told us all about you what a guy!!! See you at lakez
  12. im dropped a fair bit and still get over speed bumps. Just take it easy to be sure first. Dont attempt the big square beasts in middle of the lane though.
  13. I wish that was the case wrighty boy so i didnt have to adjust it. Im pretty certain with measuring its about 5mm too low. I knew that when i last adjusted it but couldnt be arsed trying to change it again lol
  14. Nice one big man... looking at those pics, i really need to raise my rear suspension up 5mm or something. Looks too low
  15. i give it 2 months and you'll have it off lol... i fitted one to mine, it sounds awesome without the bungs, but it is sooooooo loud everything rattled inside the car. After various failed missions to silence the interior i took it off and sold it. i did enjoy it for the time i had it
  16. +1 i had tears laughing this morning... the missus couldnt figure out why i found it funny.... one of the funniest threads in a while
  17. Spotted Paulie on the m8 about 5ish heading eastbound at the 50mph zone doing 50mph
  18. hmm weird, maybe the previous owner had an aftermarket headunit in? Check through all the radio frequencies and presets incase its linked to an fm transmitter. As for the gearbox vibration, it is normal on all cars. im sure fifth gear refereed to it as the palm tickler.
  19. press the tape button when ipod is on matey.. congrats on the purchase
  20. Id recommend pming dan(Ekona) He's the tyre guru and knows anything you will need to know. The profiles should be fine though. www.camskill.co.uk seems to be the most recommended place
  21. The tyre sizes are the same as whats on my 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears so they will have a little stretch in them.
  22. Cost me nearly 180 to get mines fixed. The flexis were under pressure when fitted. My exhaust guy put slightly longer ones in to take the pressure off
  23. Happy Birthday Nic
  24. Hahaha epic!!! Wish we got threads like that on here! I'm sure the would disappear quickly though... Brilliant!!
  25. Mines does that too. I just taught myself not to do it lol
×
×
  • Create New...