Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. you can do a throttle position reset matey. Not just ecu i used to flash up o2 sensor faults due to having no cats But all sorted during remap and theyre now turned off
  2. he would need lots of cable ties for holding bumpers on aswell
  3. welcome aiden
  4. hahaha go linda thats you put in the passenger seat now big stuff. The womens taking over. Wait till the hfc's are in she'll love it even more. It does allow you to spend more money on the car now that she will benefit from it lol
  5. You may have affected the signal cable to the compressor controls
  6. I'm not too sure how it's set up in cars compared to buildings. If the compressor is belt driven in the cars then it wouldn't be that as a problem. I'm guessing there's an actuator or relay of some sort which should kick it into action. It may be a fault with this or it may be a fault with the compressor itself.
  7. Can we ask why your splitting the full car?
  8. Neilp

    Engine Cover

    I have a standard cover, the Nissan badge is off it though. I think it needs the little rubber bits where the bolts go through. I'm not sure though. It was gonna be a project though.
  9. I would say that this doesnt happen very often. My mums side of the family are polish and i'm just recently back from my friends wedding in Poland, as he married a Polish girl. My experience of poland was amazing. The food, the people, the cities. I was in Gdansk and it was amazing. This sort of thing seems to be happening more and more in and around krakow. A local guy I was speaking to said that "the english have a bad reputation in these places as they just go and get drunk and cause mayhem." Maybe they were very unlucky and in the wrong place at the wrong time. This also happens in glasgow etc. Its not just middle eastern countries. Last week a guy was stabbed (and is still in hospital) about 50 yards from my house. We live in quite a respectable area but no matter where you are there is always violence. I wouldnt let anyone be fooled into thinking this happens to every man who goes to Poland. There's thousands upon thousands of visitors every month and not very often you hear about things like this. The polish police take no shite from anyone. They are as brutal with there own native people(if not more so) than with tourists. I do however feel for your mates and I hope he gets better soon. Very unfortunate that these things are occuring and putting people off from returning to such a beautiful country.
  10. When i bought mine i loved the looks of the car and wanted another V6. So win win. Im 33 now and i think the Z is an ideal car choice for the enthusiast, at 18-25 its probably out of reach for most due to running costs and High insurance etc. It may not be as quick as an Evo or even a Re Mapped focus ST for that matter . But it has a presence. If you want all out performance buy an old skyline with 600BHP if you want a touch of class and be among the elite enthusiasts buy a Zed! Its ample enough for most peeps. If money were no object would many of us have a Zed? Id love a Zed with 600bhp but its not practical on the uk roads. IMO lol i owned a focus rs on track im afraid . dont be so pesimistic of your beast lol.... people dont realise how much money you need to push power out an n/a engine. where as the chavs love a turbo, 400quid remap and an extra 200bhp lol
  11. we seem to be attracting the burberry hat wearing chav these days due to old cars dropping so much in price.
  12. Good luck. A tt build will cost upto and above 10k. Standard internals only take upto 400bhp. Compared to your old evo it probably is slow as sh*t. You really should have thought it through before buying n/a.
  13. Click the button that says forum index just at the left above the topic mate. That will take you to a full list of all parts of the website
  14. ZMANALEX is your man for parts! Welcome
  15. How did the falkens do on track? How much you looking for, for the r888's? Cadwell is an awesome track but takes few prisoners I have some part worn R888`s to fit the Rays if your interested? they have only done a couple of hundred road miles & no track milage Any videos? Heres a clip from when I went with Greekman in the two Zeds on a cold damp day running 452`s
  16. The thing with track driving is that you should never push outwith your own ability. Your talent will run out long before the 350z's will. Too many try and blame their car for things that happen, ie brakes are crap, suspensions crap. At the end of the day it's on the driver, always. Trackday insurance is pretty cheap. Around 70-100 quid a day. Alot of them will only pay out on total loss though and do not cover you for spinning off etc. They also have excess' around 1k mark
  17. lol george andlid's building a 600hp straight line car haha. Theres only so quick you can go round a corner before the laws of physics take over Heres another couple of vids. slightly faster lap here
  18. I think it's bad that someones genuinely sensible thread has been hijacked. Mods please tidy up so the op can try and get some tyres until he can afford to match all four corners. Ta
  19. No, I got pi**ed off when a guy was unneccesarily rude to me, Ive got no problem with people saying they dont like my car as you can see from various posts on here. Quite different. You just brought dan into a thread that he had nothing to do with? You used his name to try and stir up an argument because we weren't flaming someone Seriously mods any chance of sorting this thread out and giving the op his thread back. This really puts a dampner on this forum. Thanks I
  20. Awesome price! I may have to check my local part worn place after all and see if they have anything in before I fork out for some new ones!!! That was from a member on here. My Missus dad has a tyre business so I get stuff from them too much much cheaper. even a tyre with 3-4mm has at least 5k miles left on it
  21. No, you're an idiot if you ignore a healthy dose of scientific fact and just go with your gut. It's like believing in the tooth fairy despite the collection of old teeth gathering dust below your pillow. If anyone wants to challenge my views with some evidence of their own then fine, that's their right and I'll listen, but what I won't sit here and do is be attacked because I dared to actually post something that has some basis in theory, not just in the mind. It's the same reasoning behind why we don't really think the world was created in 6 days. Are you serious mate? He never called you an idiot. He said you're an idiot if you don't believe scientific fact. He clearly meant other people in general. So easy to stir stuff when you take it out of context. Too easy.
  22. I run part works on track. I got 4 re040's with 6mm of tread for 100quid who's the mug? They have had no puncture repairs (which is the biggy) and have no tears in sidewalls. So why should I not use them. Docrwa I don't think your in any position to throw accusations and make assumptions. You spat out the dummy and threw all the toys out the pram a few weeks ago when your car didn't get everyone vote on looks. I emailed Dan last week for advice as I was gonna run front tyres 10mm smaller than my current fronts, and a different type, as my front never appeared. He replied saying I should have very little issue except a little understeer which will be barely noticeable. Guess what? He was spot on. He doesn't just jump at the fact that all tyres weren't matching but also looked at the science and physics behind it and advised me as I requested. Cheers again for the advise Dan
  23. If you take one of your wheels off front and rear it usually says on the back up bit where the bolts go through or behind one of the spokes matey
  24. Craigs ds2500 squeal like a bitch. I got informed that they don't meet the eu standards for road pads ? I'm sure this is on another thread on here also. The standard pads won't be as good and probably wear out much quicker. For the sake of spending an extra 20-30quid I would definitely recommend something more performance related.
×
×
  • Create New...