***MUST READ FOR ALL TRADERS AND MEMBERS***

Lexx

Good Afternoon,

Since last weeks malicious attack upon the forum, the Team have been working away behind the scenes to not only put things right, but to take big steps forward to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Due to the time scales needed for us to get this sorted, we have decided to take on the assistance of a Third Party to complete our upgrades.

Whilst the Third Party has formally signed a Non Disclosure Agreement with us, it is imperative that you (our members and Traders) are aware that the Third Party will be getting full access to our server/database.

If you have ANY sensitive information stored in your PM's we urge you to delete them at the earliest opportunity.

Third Party will be given access to our server on Tuesday June 20th at 1300. Please ensure your PM's are cleared out before then.

Downtime during the transition should be kept to an absolute minimum. As well as moving servers, we will be upgrading the forum software to the latest IPB version.

We hope to keep the current look/skins we have, but we should be able to add to the forum functionality and also it should be a much slicker and speedier experience.

The Team ask for your patience during this transition period.

• Like 11

malicious attack? what happened...

We encountered a period of downtime due to someone gaining access to some setup files. No data was accessed or lost, but we have suffered a loss of functionality whilst we attempt to clear everything out.

We were due some upgrades anyway, so we decided to do it full scale.

• Like 1

We encountered a period of downtime due to someone gaining access to some setup files. No data was accessed or lost, but we have suffered a loss of functionality whilst we attempt to clear everything out.

I only just installed talpatalk and thought it was just me being a noob why i couldn't post pictures etc!

Will look forward to the revamp and does this mean on forum hosting for pix to save us uploading elsewhere... because that would be sweet ;)

I only just installed talpatalk and thought it was just me being a noob why i couldn't post pictures etc!

Will look forward to the revamp and does this mean on forum hosting for pix to save us uploading elsewhere... because that would be sweet ;)

Unfortunately not.

The forum is free to use, and as such we don't have a large budget to keep things running. Having a server capable of a) hosting thousands and thousands of Hi res image, and b ) having the power to display them all smoothly at peak access times simply will never work. We would bankrupt the club in a matter of months.

• Like 1

Unfortunately not.

The forum is free to use, and as such we don't have a large budget to keep things running. Having a server capable of a) hosting thousands and thousands of Hi res image, and b ) having the power to display them all smoothly at peak access times simply will never work. We would bankrupt the club in a matter of months.

2 very valid points! Money the route of all problems eh!

and not that I have done any coding in years, but is there a way to incorporate a plug in or something which link to a users personal acc (on say google photos/facebook) so that we can drop pictures directly in a post, instead of having to upload and then link 3rd party sites? I know you want get full hi res quality but would make posting pix easier and save on uploading and linking separate... takes out a step which is always good. I have hit a few threads where users have hit their limit on photobucket and the pix are no longer available and that makes me cry.... haha!

Glad to see you guys are all over it and the site is still running though so good job to all involved :)

I don't think it matters really, and even if they did I wouldn't expect them to share the info.

Lexx, my personal thanks to you and the team for taking positive steps to protect the place we all enjoy.

Thanks for the comments Dan.

Generally, in terms of comments on this period of change, our focus is on getting the forum as is secured and upgraded as Al described. We will of course add in better functionality if the opportunity arises but the focus over the coming weeks is to get a secure and slick forum upgraded and running.

• Like 1

• Lexx unpinned this topic