Does this look right?

JoKeR

I bought a Rota GTR-D 18x12 ET20 for the rear of my Z.

I test fit it yesterday without the tyre on an it looks like it's REALLY sticking out.

Bear in mind that the car is jacked up, would it go back in a bit when on the floor?

Also the car is standard height so not been lowered at all and no camber.

I won't fit tyres till I know it's right.

a58a603cd072e453016006c402e46377.jpg

a45d3a08f97f61f4419a98bd55db603a.jpg

5e339c92199b2408629601f4184d2a8a.jpg

03b4594aa2f3c2de0830b331301065fd.jpg

Thanks guys.

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

Edited by JoKeR

Looks far out will, go in a little when dropped and test driven. May have to go for camber adjustment.

Cheers mate I'm gonna have little stretch too. So you think they will fit with camber. And won't look stupid?... Lol

lol sorry mate but that looks ludicrously far out!... a quick check on wheel fitment calculators says the outer rim will stick out 57mm further than a standard zed rear wheel, normally people only space the rears by 25mm, you're another 32mm beyond that! you'd need serious arch extensions to make that work in my book.

ps have you got some spacers on the rear you've forgotten to take off maybe?

• Like 1

lol sorry mate but that looks ludicrously far out!... a quick check on wheel fitment calculators says the outer rim will stick out 57mm further than a standard zed rear wheel, normally people only space the rears by 25mm, you're another 32mm beyond that! you'd need serious arch extensions to make that work in my book.

you can just see the spiggot on the first pic. So these are straight onto the hub with no spacers fitted. The problem with fitting big arches is that your car is too standard to pull it off. Unless you spend like a grand plus on a big body kid, you may as well then buy the proper size wheels. Did you buy them is a store or ebay??

you can just see the spiggot on the first pic. So these are straight onto the hub with no spacers fitted. The problem with fitting big arches is that your car is too standard to pull it off. Unless you spend like a grand plus on a big body kid, you may as well then buy the proper size wheels. Did you buy them is a store or ebay??

His car wouldn't be standard with wide arches and wide wheels would it?!

14582553025_b9339f8d1e.jpg

edit: yes I know this isn't standard, but it's a decent example of a cool z with bolt on arches

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 2

Just ignore everyone saying these don't fit.

I'm surprised so many people are saying they don't. And I'm also surprised you haven't looked into these wheels, considering these are like the new OEM/Grid wheels...Loads of people on this forum running them this year.

They're not going to tuck until you lower the car and roll the arches. Just do some research on google, as most on this forum are going to tell you No.

• Like 2

also have a quick look on rimtuck.com - the only people running 12" rears on a 350z have offsets varying between -6 and +12, none as high as +20.

http://rimtuck.com/s...idthr=12&sort=1

Which would stick out more than the +20 ;)

ahem yes I realised I had offsets the wrong way round when I said it! but even so, going for a wheel that's 3.5" wider than standard and lowering the offset by 13mm, that's a no from me!

Still, interesting to see how this pans out!

also have a quick look on rimtuck.com - the only people running 12" rears on a 350z have offsets varying between -6 and +12, none as high as +20.

ahem yes I realised I had offsets the wrong way round when I said it! but even so, going for a wheel that's 3.5" wider than standard and lowering the offset by 13mm, that's a no from me!

Already posted a picture. That's how it pans out.

If he doesn't lower it and add a touch of camber, it won't pan out well.

11145917_10155509970370249_8718684194807247067_o.jpg

• Like 1

Decent wheel fitment seperates the boys from the girls ;)

Even now there are way too many people on here who refuse to look past doing the ordinary things - it's good to see people doing things differently :)

• Like 3

I know I'm only a girl and therefore a bit limited in my knowledge of cars.....but it does look like something's not quite right. Aren't the things that normally sit on the ground usually a bit more rubbery-looking?

Seriously, go for it. In my opinion it's not a Zed if your rear tyres aren't at least twice the width of the front and when you park next to the kerb you still have to jump from the door to the pavement.

• Like 2

You know what boys.... I've been a propa mug and have left 25mm spacers on when I done that test fit haha!!!

I'll fit it again when I get the chance but with the spacer off.

I'm sure everyone's had moments like that before so try not to take the **** too much! Lol

• Like 5