Does this look right?

JoKeR

We still talking about tyres people? Lol that's good to know, all I'm getting from friends is; stretch is illegal, tyre will pop off and damage your rim, you can't track with stretch tyres etc. I need answers from the people that have this set up lol

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

We still talking about tyres people? Lol that's good to know, all I'm getting from friends is; stretch is illegal, tyre will pop off and damage your rim, you can't track with stretch tyres etc. I need answers from the people that have this set up lol

Depends what you consider stretch is.

There's people on here who think a 235/40 on a 9.5J wheel is 'Mad stretch yo' which in reality, is barely noticable.

But if you put a 195 on a 9.5J, Then that's where you're running stupid stretch, which the scene kids love. Which indeed boarders the line of Illegal, tyre will pop off, damage, @*!#/dangerous on track.

You've chosen show/scene wheels. These aren't for track in those sizes, unless you get arch extensions. As you're going to have to run stretch for them to work on track without rubbing.

I've got a 275 on an 11J wheel. And I rubbed, I had to raise the rear a little to stop that.

As I said, these aren't track wheels, these will fit, but to make them work on track, they're going to look crap as you will either need to -Run a high ride height to avoid rubbing, - Go silly stretch to have it low and no rubbing, - or spastic camber.

• Like 1

Grundy drives hard on a 265 on a 11j, it will be fine

265's were fine on my car, but I didn't want stretch, so moved up to 275, after raising it's fine, but going hard in a corner on an incline does cause some slight rub :/

11055343_10155742682640249_7406955122160103597_o.jpg

Thanks Grundy I will be going 275s on 12j on OEM height.

No then.

This was mine on stock height, with an 11J wheel on a 265 tyre....Only JUST fit. And I had my arch pulled out by about 15/20mm

10841744_771272179608659_2647043181362145431_o.jpg

I honestly wouldn't fit them until you've lowered the car and got the cambered lined up.

Cheers mate looks like I'm spending even more than I thought then lol

Well if it was easy to do then everyone would have done it!

Might get the tyre put on soon then lower the car slowly with the jack to properly check fitment. And then get camber and rolled arches from there.

Thanks mate that's exactly what I'm after I'll have 275's on however. Love that look mate! Thanks again ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Depends what you consider stretch is.

There's people on here who think a 235/40 on a 9.5J wheel is 'Mad stretch yo' which in reality, is barely noticable.

But if you put a 195 on a 9.5J, Then that's where you're running stupid stretch, which the scene kids love. Which indeed boarders the line of Illegal, tyre will pop off, damage, @*!#/dangerous on track.

You've chosen show/scene wheels. These aren't for track in those sizes, unless you get arch extensions. As you're going to have to run stretch for them to work on track without rubbing.

I've got a 275 on an 11J wheel. And I rubbed, I had to raise the rear a little to stop that.

As I said, these aren't track wheels, these will fit, but to make them work on track, they're going to look crap as you will either need to -Run a high ride height to avoid rubbing, - Go silly stretch to have it low and no rubbing, - or spastic camber.

Hang on a second here, although I know youve been through your tribulations Im not sure what youre saying is entirely correct mate.

195 on 9.5J is a lot of stretch, but its not illegal and Ive seen plenty of people with similar stretch drive round without any problems, on track and the road, 225 on 10 is 100% fine. Any wheel can be a "track wheel", you just have to make sure they dont rub arches, and while camber and stretch can do that, pulling an arch is a lot easier and means you can run a flatter camber, get that done first.

There is absolutely no point buying sweet rims and then leaving the car at standard height, it wont reduce rubbing as the spring and damping rates are lower and it just makes your car look crap, as demonstrated by yourself and Dougie before they were dropped. Bottom line is that you can make anything fit anything if you put enough time in, but its not worth doing if it makes the car look or handle like crap, strong fitment isnt really something you can do in stages IMO.

And no real wheel whore ever, ever raises their car because they are getting tyre contact, get that arch pulled some more. You know Im right ;):D

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1