Why do people shake their head?

dannybz

If you think you annoy people in your zed you should see the looks I get on my sp1 B)

Out in the roadster I,m probably seen as an old git with a midlife crisis :p

On the bike I'm a young noisy fukcing hooligan :D

Rob

• Like 3

my driving, what coming out of a road at 5 mph it can't be that lol i just think it's jealousy, most of the time they are in a shitty normal often older car. Ohhhhhh love the hate

It's a cheap £5K car, it's hardly a P1 :lol:

Like I said, you will always find the odd person who doesn't get sports cars, but if you're getting this a lot then I'm sorry, but you're the problem. Why some people can never admit they might be a teensy bit in the wrong, I'll never know.

my driving, what coming out of a road at 5 mph it can't be that lol i just think it's jealousy, most of the time they are in a shitty normal often older car. Ohhhhhh love the hate

It's a cheap £5K car, it's hardly a P1 :lol:

Like I said, you will always find the odd person who doesn't get sports cars, but if you're getting this a lot then I'm sorry, but you're the problem. Why some people can never admit they might be a teensy bit in the wrong, I'll never know.

Yeah but the average joe does not see it as a 5k car unless they REALLY know cars, I've had people thinking it was worth at least 20 grand, people come up to me and say they thought it was an r8, people with jaw dropping driving past.... oh and people who shake their head :p It looks and sounds pretty exotic. So people most of the time have no clue, especially since you don't see them that often, and they are that old i guess not many people even realise they are old.

Edited by dannybz

No, the average Joe sees it as yet another youngster in a flash car paid for by Daddy with an obnoxious sound, driving too fast and not giving a fig about other drivers.

None of which is true, but stereotypes stick and it's up to all of us to change them. :thumbs:

• Like 2

You know when you think the world around you has a problem, there's usually an answer much closer to home. :wacko:

If you're getting this a lot though, you need to be asking questions of your own driving.

Love how mouthwash "liked" this... :lol:

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

Hooning it in a tunnel, ...revving up in a car park then wheel spinning off. :dry::D

Shaking_head.gif

Boom a wild Grundy appears - The difference is though, Ian acknowledges that they're shaking their head because he's driving like a ****, he doesn't create threads asking why :lol: And anyone thinking people just shake their head because they see a sports car is a joke....driving like an idiot is the only reason. /thread.

- edit ** The shaking of heads generally come from douche bag people anyway.

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

You know when you think the world around you has a problem, there's usually an answer much closer to home. :wacko:

If you're getting this a lot though, you need to be asking questions of your own driving.

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

Hooning it in a tunnel, ...revving up in a car park then wheel spinning off. :dry::D

Shaking_head.gif

Boom a wild Grundy appears - The difference is though, Ian acknowledges that they're shaking their head because he's driving like a ****, he doesn't create threads asking why :lol: And anyone thinking people just shake their head because they see a sports car is a joke....driving like an idiot is the only reason. /thread.

Well no not really, because when i am driving in a normal area i drive reasonably sensibly ;)

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

Shaking_head.gif

Well no not really, because when i am driving in a normal area i drive reasonably sensibly ;)

The peado wink at the end makes me think different.

Just to go back to your first post, you say that you're not driving fast or anything so don't understand why they're shaking their heads at you. You don't have to be driving fast to be discourteous when driving. Maybe you're not indicating? Maybe you're not leaving enough gap when pulling in after overtaking (SOOOOO many people do this!)? Maybe you're sitting a bit too close behind them? Maybe your stereo up up full playing something awful with the windows down? Maybe you're banging off the rev limiter, or TLGP all the time?

There's millions of things, not saying that you're doing all of them or indeed any of them, but we should always be more critical of our own driving. :)

No matey, I've been driving for 15 years, i have not just passed my test. I've been on tracks all my life had advanced driving classes and i would say i am better than a lot of other people on the road put it that way... so no like i say it is not my driving style, I've had a person do it when I've been parked at lights and do it as they drive past... so it really couldn't be.

Edited by dannybz

Then you've either got some "horrible" mods on your car, stupid stickers (coming from a sticker lover) or are playing your music way too loud. Otherwise, who knows. Maybe they just don't like you.

None of the above, i don't play music loud generally, i like to listen to the 3.5 howl. No stickers... so yeah they probably hate me. Oh well... :lol: oh and no mod's just yet at least.... well not until the v3 bumper arrives, the rear chargespeed bumper, the new hood and the t37 arrives and the wrapping that's getting done... and the rest. Then yes it will be modded and then they can hate on me more! wehay

Edited by dannybz

I find there's 4 common reactions to my Zed

1) Lots of people say, "What is it?".

2) Women over the age of 32 say, "I don't really like cars, but that's very nice".

3) Young lads say, "That's a nice/sick/cool car" when I park up.

4) Someone in the work car park who drives a new BMW/Merc says, "You must be on a wedge!".

Additional - the fat bloke in the shell garage always asks, "How man BHP you running?" and "Thinking of getting a GTR?"

:lol:

• Like 2

2) Women over the age of 32 say, "I don't really like cars, but that's very nice".

4) Someone in the work car park who drives a new BMW/Merc says, "You must be on a wedge!".

Additional - the fat bloke in the shell garage always asks, "How man BHP you running?" and "Thinking of getting a GTR?"

Don't get me wrong i get far more compliments than head shakes lol the head shakes are few between but i have noticed them, way more jaw dropping looks respectively. And even more so when i get the modding done I think. I really do love the Z so far, one of the best car's i have owned even though it's old it just beautiful.

Not sure what you're getting at gm, just trying to increase your post count I guess. :wacko:

What I was getting at is that your post & "like" of Dans post were both basically implying that Danny is doing something wrong in the way he is driving which is why people are shaking their heads at him.

I didn't really think that was fair of you to point that accusation at him especially as you've posted videos of yourself being a bit of a hoon. Not saying I've never done it, ;) ...but still sometimes people will be disapproving of your car or driving & shake their heads even when you're really doing nothing wrong.

And do you really think I need to post boost?, ...come on. :shrug::lol:

Most people tend to ask me one of two questions

1) Is it finished yet

2) I've never seen your Z - I don't believe you own one :lol:

I've been with my Mrs for 6 months and shes never seen the car, Shes beginning to think im lying about it :lol:

• Like 1