16 members have voted

1. 1. Custom Valve Caps?

• Look terrible im out.
    • Quite like the concept but not those
    • LIke the idea but wouldnt want them
    • Like them but would want something different not initials
    • Love them can you make me some?!

Hey all,

I have been working on a bit of an idea after seeing a few people with funky valve caps made from dice and other logo things, (I actually bought a really nice set of plain nismo ones but as they were metal they fused to the valve!!) to make up my own with the work 3d printer.

I made these with my initials a few days ago, and they have been on the wheels just fine, they look a little bulkier then I would want (Ignore the filthy wheel!) so the sizing probably needs a bit of work. But I was pretty happy overall

Would this be of interest to anyone? I could technically add pretty much anything to the outside or general shape (I don't know guns, logos, doll face whatever takes your fancy) or font etc..

fgPMH3T.jpg

hBoEHyJ.jpg

Nope UM2 - wayyyyy better then a Makerbot :p

The Ultimaker, ...yep definitely better than the MakerBot. ;)

We have (x2) 3D Systems SLA 250's, (x1) 3D Systems Projet 6000 SLA, (x1) 3D Systems SLA 500 and (x2) 3D Systems Projet HD 3000 Plus so na na na na. :p:lol::thumbs:

Not a bad idea but not my thing, plus kid's will only steal them. :shrug::lol:

Depends where you live. During a visit to Wales a while ago I was pumping up my near side tyres, some kids were trying to steal my off side dust caps!! When I asked them what they thought they were doing they said they were "only trying to help"... yeah right, you better get lost or I'll help teach you some bloody manners! Had the same dust caps on for 3 plus years now without them being nicked.

I know of a guy doing quite well using Lego pieces (including figures etc) to make custom valve caps. There are quite a few selling Lego brick caps on eBay, so there's a definite market. However Lego and characters are more universally recognisable than say your initials. Maybe do a 'Z' one in colours to match the cars? :shrug:

I've had my dice dust caps on for a couple of years now - and they're still there :thumbs: But I think this fact really does depend on where you live, or where you leave your car (or simply no one likes/wants orange dice dust caps :lol: ). Saying that, 4x caps cost me £2, so no biggie if they did disappear.

I thought my performance enhancing alloy valve caps where safe after having them on for about 18months or so until I was washing it one day and found they were missing.

Edited by Wayne370Z

Yeah, I usually go for £5 ones off ebay or something, although that said I cannot remember what ones are on my Celica which I have owned for a month now...! Have checked the pressures as well!

Howdy All,

Sounds like some quite encouraging comments thankyou!. I have quite a few colours at the moment just need to perfect what I think would be some interesting design.

I can easily do a Z logo not hard at all.

Currently was thinking of initials, little guns, masterchief helmets, etc.. I you have any good ideas do shout!

I was thinking of some jokey prank ideas to, "W*anker" etc.. thought they might go down quite well etc..

Edited by neo-ninja

: But I think this fact really does depend on where you live, or where you leave your car (or simply no one likes/wants orange dice dust caps :lol: ). Saying that, 4x caps cost me £2, so no biggie if they did disappear.

Certainly does. I'm in a supposedly very low crime area but it didn't stop someone pinching my cherished Z valve caps. And that was with the car cover on!!! Difficult to avoid this sort of thing when you've got no off street parking. I now use the Richbrook anti theft caps.

I kept having my orange dice dust caps nicked one at a time so have given up with them, I remember putting a standard cap on for a while whilst some more came and took the car for an MOT, I had an advisory for "missing dice" which seemed a bit extreme.

I kept having my orange dice dust caps nicked one at a time so have given up with them, I remember putting a standard cap on for a while whilst some more came and took the car for an MOT, I had an advisory for "missing dice" which seemed a bit extreme.

Tell me about it. I had to drive around with an incomplete set of orange dice dust caps until I'd finally stolen all four..... :p