2003 350GT

AP350GT

• 5 weeks later...

I am pleased yeah, wanted to do something unusual as every bugger has silver wheels, I wasn't sure it would work like you say but took a risk and I think it's worked together well. Many will probably disagree but it's me that drives it so it's all good!

Many will probably disagree

Then you have probably achieved what you set out to do, marmite :)

Whilst i have to admit, there are some cracking looking 350's running silver rims, i do like a bot of imagination with wheel choice :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Originally I wanted to get the faces re-cut and have them in original finish but when nowhere had machinery that could clamp them enough I had to go for paint. It's a bit brighter than I expected and it may change over winter but I'm still happy with them. Sounds cliche but photos don't do the colour justice and it looks a lot better in the metal.

but there's no doubt that these wheels suit the car far more than the old ones. :)

I have to disagree. I think this is stunning

12048970_1653008704983207_1635175934_n.jpg

Said it at the start of the thread. I think they suit the car perfectly

The new wheels are nice (not a fan of the colour) but for this car I don't think they flow as well as the old ones

I do like the wrap colour

Edited by LRF4N

Haha maybe in a few years.

Yeah the brembos do stand out a lot more now but I don't think that's a bad thing.

It'll be back on the other 5 spokes in a few weeks for winter, no way I'm ruining the ordens!

Photo without a filter... iPhone pics aren't great anyway but here you go

post-25176-144388603461_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I recently bought another DSLR after selling mine a couple of years ago so went up to work and took a few snaps on a rare dry winter's day..

_MG_9801.jpg

_MG_9802.jpg

_MG_9804.jpg

_MG_9803.jpg

An up to date, decent bay shot:

_MG_9687.jpg

...and I've been slowly chipping away at the underside of the car, buying replacement parts and having them powdercoated, changing nuts and bolts for stainless replacements, removing surface corrosion and undersealing, trying to get it as clean underneath as it is everywhere else. It's a crappy phone pic but you get the idea...!

10425126_1677334469217297_5507463167218905729_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Got another dry and bright day so cleaned her up and went for another quick shoot. Some had said they didn't like the wheel colour but a lot of photos didn't give a true representation so doing these photos myself got the colour reproduction pretty much bang on.

_MG_9837.jpg

_MG_9849.jpg

_MG_9834.jpg

_MG_9850.jpg

Edited by AP350GT
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I had them repainted in a matte champagne silver, very happy.

7F3D9A89-58CE-43F3-86CB-569B72A2A72F.jpg

I recently fitted a seibon boot lid, no photos yet though, and I'm waiting on an airlift kit to arrive and fit now and then she'll be ready for show season..!

68864322-B892-4CE2-956D-9844DAC9CB9D.jpg