Drove the Zed in the rain for the first time today...

James Junior

...and it sounds like someone is having a shower in the boot!

(sorry if you were expecting an account of tail-out heroics)

I had concerns about the road noise issue when I bought mine and had so far been pleasantly surprised, as it is only bad on certain roughly finished road surfaces.....in the dry anyway. However, I hadn't imagine wet conditions would make such a difference.

I think adding some sound proofing the boot lining is going to be an absolute necessity, as the noise when driving on wet roads is ridiculous. The only car I can recall that sounded similarly bad was my old 91 Eunos S Special. Even with my stereo on reasonably loud this morning it was really noticeable on the way to work and that was only at 30mph to 40mph speeds.

It amazes me that Nissan did not do more to address this design flaw given that road noise is almost unanimously commented on as a major downside of the cars in reviews and it would not have cost them much to add some extra sound deadening.

Have any of those who have added extra sound-proofing to their boot linings found it effective at reducing noise in wet conditions too? I will do some further research this evening to see what looks like the best option as I know this is a frequent topic of discussion.

Edited by James Junior

There are some threads about sound proofing the 370 coupe, they were successful if i recall. Try using the search above or searching via google to get to them. If you have no luck i will try having a hunt this evening when im back from work

Same as the 350z I'm afraid, needs some cloud9 and carpet adhesive. Fitting it is easy, I've had my boot out for my reversing camera. I'm thinking of doing mine this time around as it is a tad noisy.

I don't know if the 370 has the same 53/47 weight distribution as the 350 or how heavy sound proofing is but maybe they didn't want to affect that from the factory.

Would be nice to have a bit of soundproofing in the boot though.

I don't know if the 370 has the same 53/47 weight distribution as the 350 or how heavy sound proofing is but maybe they didn't want to affect that from the factory.

I'm sure it would be more cost related than performance

I'm sure it would be more cost related than performance

That too lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...