Why cant I find a decent Zed

ITFC

So after travelling to Leeds a couple of months ago to get a 350z GT4 edition and it being a dud. I am still yet to find one. I have cash waiting but just cant find one remotely near me, I am not prepared to travel the length of the country anymore as to many people lie! There just dont seem to be any coming up for sale :(

I am located in Ipswich by the way. If any of you hear of one coming up for sale let me know :)

Nick

So after travelling to Leeds a couple of months ago to get a 350z GT4 edition and it being a dud. I am still yet to find one. I have cash waiting but just cant find one remotely near me, I am not prepared to travel the length of the country anymore as to many people lie! There just dont seem to be any coming up for sale :(

I am located in Ipswich by the way. If any of you hear of one coming up for sale let me know :)

Nick

Hey Nick, what's your budget?

Have you looked on this forum ?. there are normally a few up for sale and you know they will have been most likely well looked after and known..

Yeah had a look but there arent any that take my fancy to be honest or they are other side/end of the country lol!

Nick

Hey Nick, what's your budget?

Around 9k. Would like a high rev if possible and must be a coupe. Cant stand the roadster.

Have a look at live2themaxuk z which is a beauty

Where will I find that?? Have you got a link?

I know that Paul from Midwest has a 3 coupes in stock at the moment one of which is a nice 2008 313 GT that I'm sure you could work out a deal on. I picked my one up from him last weekend, nice guy and a pleasure to deal with

He will also look out for cars that suit your needs and keep in contact with you as soon as he hears about them

You'll be lucky to get a decent HR for 9K... which maybe why you've not seen anything that takes your fancy. What things are putting you off the cars you've seen? You have to remember that these cars are getting quite old now (The last HR sold is 6 years old and early models are now 12 years old). They will start to have marks on the paint, wheels and leather etc.

I don't know if you can stretch and extra grand, but if you can I'd defo try to get a HR. You're right on the border of being able to pick one up. Better engine with the twin intakes, few aesthetic upgrades but mainly you get more power out of it.

Go for the HR ....you should get a private sale for £9500

I waited 6 months before the right one turned up, and did a 6hr round trip to pick her up.

And that's pretty good living in the Welsh outback, as there are no decent cars for sale around here for zillions of miles.

Just be patient and the right one will turn up :thumbs:

Nick

Are you specifically after a GT4?

Also which one did you look at it and why was it a dud?

Just curious. :)

I know that Paul from Midwest has a 3 coupes in stock at the moment one of which is a nice 2008 313 GT that I'm sure you could work out a deal on. I picked my one up from him last weekend, nice guy and a pleasure to deal with

He will also look out for cars that suit your needs and keep in contact with you as soon as he hears about them

Thanks for the link fella! Will keep him in mind. Would prefer to buy privately though if I am honest.

You'll be lucky to get a decent HR for 9K... which maybe why you've not seen anything that takes your fancy. What things are putting you off the cars you've seen? You have to remember that these cars are getting quite old now (The last HR sold is 6 years old and early models are now 12 years old). They will start to have marks on the paint, wheels and leather etc.

Yeah I do understand that. I have only actually been to see one as of yet as no others have taken my fancy.

I don't know if you can stretch and extra grand, but if you can I'd defo try to get a HR. You're right on the border of being able to pick one up. Better engine with the twin intakes, few aesthetic upgrades but mainly you get more power out of it.

Really cant afford to stretch to 10k to be honest. I dont really want to spend 9k if I can help it lol, less money for modifications after all!

Go for the HR ....you should get a private sale for £9500

I waited 6 months before the right one turned up, and did a 6hr round trip to pick her up.

And that's pretty good living in the Welsh outback, as there are no decent cars for sale around here for zillions of miles.

Just be patient and the right one will turn up :thumbs:

I am trying to be just dont seem to have been any decent ones come up in the last few weeks.

Nick

Are you specifically after a GT4?

Also which one did you look at it and why was it a dud?

Just curious. :)

No not specifically just thinking of the GT4 as you get the uprev engine but pay the low tax :)

TBH its just a matter of waiting for the right car, one will turn up that suits your needs. 1st Zed was literally the first one we saw we bought. 2nd time around we must have seen 10 at least before we felt we'd found the right one.

That's just the way it goes, and its not like its a focus or something common to find. The right one will come along :)

To be fair, if it's within £500-1000 of what it's probably worth, you may as well get in touch. People put the price up so when you get the nitpickers who poke fault at a scratch inside the boot, you eventually let the car go for what you're after in the first place.

It's a stupid game that we all have to play!

• Like 1

Well good news..... I am now officially part of the 350z owners club :)

I bought the one in the link for well well below asking price. Very pleased!

First thing I want to do is a full service. Can anyone recommend a company that sell a complete kit etc?

Thanks

Nick

• Like 3

Well good news..... I am now officially part of the 350z owners club :)

I bought the one in the link for well well below asking price. Very pleased!

First thing I want to do is a full service. Can anyone recommend a company that sell a complete kit etc?

Thanks

Nick

. Nice looking car. The 350 looks stunning in black. Well done