Mobile Mechanic recommendations: South East

Pritchard

all,

i need some new discs and pads all round. drop links sorted and a fan belt done.

nice simple stuff for your usual mechie.

i've always avoided the Top garages in the UK. such as Kwik Bodge, Mrs Clutch, and STS Tyre Newbies in every car ive had (i dont want some oik on an apprentice treating my car as the next car on the conveyor belt).

i have my prefered small garages. But to be honest im not keen on those either at the moment. I want my garage on my drive, where i can see one guy is working on it without distractions or other muppets squeezing between cars and scratching paintwork, or having to much fun in the 'quick test drive' to see wat the Z can do.

(but have no fear, im not going to stand over his shoulder and supervise. thats even worse for productivity).

where was i? oh yes, ranting....

so i booked in a mobile mechanic for tomorrow. Intial alarm bell went off when he said he didnt take card for the circ £500 list of work he quoted. (Above). Well, he just phoned up saying he has misqoted by £40 on the brakes... :lol:, yea, byebye mate. You're not changing a quote the day before.

With Wales next week i really need these to have some attention.

why did i start this bloody thread.... aha: anyone know a good mobile mechie in Kent, or travels to kent?

:)

Pritchard

Really easy jobs to do yourself and with minimal tools. Satisfying to do yourself too.

Would offer my drive and tools but away most of this weekend, not back till Sunday afternoon and not exactly South East in Southampton :p

Get stuck in Pritchard!

• Like 1

there are a couple of videos online I have been watching recently on changing brake pads that make it look so easy. I'm tempted to give it a go myself. The only worry I have is bleeding then correctly.

Tried Sly. no response.

Abbey has a waiting list whch is months away.

:(

We are booking end of May or 1st week in June depending on what type of work your needing not months away.

Just seem to have got really busy with SC installs on Zeds. Also seem to be very busy with upgrades on the GT86/BRZ cars as well.