What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

I have gone back to playing Oblivion GOTY again, got sick of the murder and mayhem of GTA 5, its amazing just how many hours you end up putting in, and I still haven't discovered half the locations, guess I'm addicted to the open world aspects of games, was hoping that Fallout 4 was coming to PS3, now it looks like I will have to buy a PS4 in order to enjoy it. :surrender:

• Like 1

I have gone back to playing Oblivion GOTY again, got sick of the murder and mayhem of GTA 5, its amazing just how many hours you end up putting in, and I still haven't discovered half the locations, guess I'm addicted to the open world aspects of games, was hoping that Fallout 4 was coming to PS3, now it looks like I will have to buy a PS4 in order to enjoy it. :surrender:

Smythes are advertising Ps4 + fifa16 for £285 at the minute. A colleague picked up a bundle at game which was £300 with 3 games including Nathan drake collection.

There are a few bargains to be had!

Ok quick question for the MGSV players as I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else...

After playing the game late last night (11:50-2am) and finishing a mission I got an urgent call back to "mother base" once I got in my pick up helicopter. When I got back to mother base it sounded like gun fire at first (snake draws his sidearm) but then it was more obvious it was actually fireworks, ...then all of a sudden "Revolver Ocelot", "Kazhuhira Miller" and a few other characters appear carrying a birthday cake and singing happy birthday to snake.

It's actually my birthday today so just wondering is this is a massive coincidence or feature of the game that happens when its your birthday date that is stored on your PSN profile. :shrug:

Actually made my night. :lol:;)

Argh is this for real? Kind of a spoiler don't you think?!!

• Like 1

Back to the witcher 3 now the dlc is out.

Let me know how the dlc is, I'm tempted to get it.

I'm looking forward to Black Ops as well, probably won't play it apart from Zombies though... I love Zombie mode! Well, apart from each game taking 6 hours.

Anybody playing Halo 5 ?........I was enjoying it until this big Promethian shows up and I can't kill the b'stad!!......I forgot what a bloody chore it is to kill the Promethean's in general. I like a challenge but this dude is seriously peeing me off!!!!! I've had to turn it off otherwise the controller was going through the telly. Halo 4 was a disappointment and was really hoping this one would be better but 343 industries have ruined it with the introduction of these characterless baddies. I just wanna shoot the covenant!

Got to shoot the big promethians in the back (big black ball) to kill it quick and easy to do in co op but single send your team out using the d-pad as bait.

Loving halo 5 as I am a massive halo fan but disappointed at warzone gamemode not as good as they made it out to be :( wish they would just put big team battle back on the playlist

• Like 1

If in doubt that it's a spoiler please put it in spoiler tags.

I don't know what it is with Halo, it ticks all the boxes of games I typically like however after playing the original on PC it never really grabbed me, so much so I haven't played another since.

It's a weird phenomen (bet you've got the muppets tune in your head al day now) with other examples being tomb raider, doctor who and the more modern post shatner Star Trek tv series. They tick all the right boxes but I just never really gel with them.

I've got "Siege" on pre order and found out yesterday that they are for Xbox one bundling R6 Vegas 2 on backward compatibility with it. Nice surprise as I had it on PS, loaned it out and never got it back. Great game that one :)

Edited by Fodder

I never really got on with R6V2, it was good but I vastly preferred the first game. That was one of my all-time favourite 360 games, so much so that it was one of the few I kept when I traded the other 40 or games I had in.

I used to buy every single FPS game I could get my hands on back in the day, but now unless they're something very special they just leave me a bit cold. Most of them are twitch shooters which I don't get on much with. Dishonored gets a special mention for being technically an FPS, but also being very RPG in nature and the combination was perfect. Halo 1-3 and Reach were brilliant, I missed out on 4, and I do want to play 5 but the campaign isn't supposed to be very long this time. I don't really want to pay £50 for 8 hours game time, not when I'm still at 33% on MGSV which now runs to nearly 80 hours for the same £50.

I never really got on with R6V2, it was good but I vastly preferred the first game. That was one of my all-time favourite 360 games, so much so that it was one of the few I kept when I traded the other 40 or games I had in.

I used to buy every single FPS game I could get my hands on back in the day, but now unless they're something very special they just leave me a bit cold. Most of them are twitch shooters which I don't get on much with. Dishonored gets a special mention for being technically an FPS, but also being very RPG in nature and the combination was perfect. Halo 1-3 and Reach were brilliant, I missed out on 4, and I do want to play 5 but the campaign isn't supposed to be very long this time. I don't really want to pay £50 for 8 hours game time, not when I'm still at 33% on MGSV which now runs to nearly 80 hours for the same £50.

But that's the thing, FPS's are pretty short campaigns, because the game is pretty linear - There's no free roam, side quests etc like in Assassins creed for example. You could just do all the main missions and be done in a day. But only have 20% of the game completed.

Halo 4 you need to play for the feels!!!! And don't touch number 5 until you've played 4, other wise you will spoil the feels :(

Just got to pay for <3 of story :) Always had Halo on every release day. Fan boy :p

The multiplayer is definitely worth it too, some nice new features and game modes in this one.

They don't need to be short campaigns though: Look at Goldeneye, it's a mllionty year old game that had loads of extra bits to do on the harder levels. Same with Perfect Dark. Halo 3 was an incredibly long game, certainly I didn't smash that out in two days like I could with Halo 5 if it's only 8 hours long.

If you're going to make a game short, make it brilliant. CoD4 had the sniper level and the nuclear level, both of which were utterly stunning in execution.

Lend me a copy of Halo 4 then! :lol:

Exactly why I'm avoiding them :lol:

I hate hard games. I play everything I can on Easy if I get the choice, as I want to be able to enjoy myself and relax rather than stress and get irritated by cheating AI or me just being rubbish. I play for the story as much as I do the action.

You want a game with longevity? Play the Dark Souls games! You'll smash your face off several walls way before you ever finish them.

My favorite series of games, still think Demons Souls was the best of them though.

I hate hard games. I play everything I can on Easy if I get the choice, as I want to be able to enjoy myself and relax rather than stress and get irritated by cheating AI or me just being rubbish. I play for the story as much as I do the action.

I don't think the souls games are 'that' hard, yes you'll die... a freaking lot! "I'll just run over this bridge... ooooh a dragon... oh I'm dead". But that just means you either need to learn how to do something or you've gone the wrong way and should probably go do something easier first. Once you learn how to kill a boss etc it's actually really rewarding, although if you get stuck you can always summon others to help. Personally I found trying to get the trophies in the Redbull X1 car in Gran Turismo much much harder than completing a souls game, but then maybe I just needed a steering wheel.