• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Green
    • I'm not voting

Racism is all about being racist against the right people. Swap negroes for pikies and no-one would bat an eyelid.

Well, except the pikies, but they're too busy laying tarmac and stealing your dags to complain. ;)

In all seriousness though, there's no doubt there's some seriously bad apples in UKIP that need to get the boot and join the BNP where they belong. There is zero place for some of their attitudes in the world, much less politics.

• Like 3

And that's their problem. I don't dislike Farage - he's more palatable to me than robot Cameron or hapless Millibland, and I don't disagree with some of UKIP's policies. But they do seem to attract a disproportionate amount of people that I wouldn't want to associate myself with, including aforementioned "negroes" lady (who was being both honest and displaying an alarming amount of racial prejudice by admitting that a particular group of people make her feel inherently uncomfortable solely on the basis of their racial origins - definitely honest, unquestionably racist). :D

Edited by sipar69

I feel uncomfortable around gays (on the most part), does that make me homophobic, no, i can categorically tell you i am not, each to their own and fill your boots. If you have not had exposure to gays or negros in any degree of course their appearance or way of life may make you feel uncomfortable imho. But actively be prejudice against them, lol, i have far better things to do with my time.

She was no way discriminating about Negros (which isnt a race by the way), just she felt uncomfortable, perfectly plausible and perfectly rational for an old woman who probably didnt see a black fella until she was our age ;) You want to see it as racist, so you will and you will draw your own conclusions from an innocent comment and we will once again be arguing opinions.

You and Ekona are right though, i am sure there are some black sheep (is that racist?) in Ukip and hopefully as the party gathers strength and popularity they will root these people out and become far more credible, i could hardly see that old dear out at a BNP rally though.

nope - you're fine

you're all keeping it as good discussion - interesting reading mostly :thumbs:

but I'm not going to comment at all

there's several topics that are no,no's in my book - a mans driving, religion and politics :lol:

• Like 2

I feel uncomfortable around gays (on the most part), does that make me homophobic, no, i can categorically tell you i am not, each to their own and fill your boots. If you have not had exposure to gays or negros in any degree of course their appearance or way of life may make you feel uncomfortable imho. But actively be prejudice against them, lol, i have far better things to do with my time.

She was no way discriminating about Negros (which isnt a race by the way), just she felt uncomfortable, perfectly plausible and perfectly rational for an old woman who probably didnt see a black fella until she was our age ;) You want to see it as racist, so you will and you will draw your own conclusions from an innocent comment and we will once again be arguing opinions.

You and Ekona are right though, i am sure there are some black sheep (is that racist?) in Ukip and hopefully as the party gathers strength and popularity they will root these people out and become far more credible, i could hardly see that old dear out at a BNP rally though.

See I'm confused about that one, I've got no idea why someones orientation or skin colour would make you uncomfortable... If however a Mountain Lion came along and wanted to ask questions about your political agenda or sit with you at the pub then I agree, time to feel uncomfortable.

• Like 2

I guess but they're just people after all no different from anyone else... It's almost like being uncomfortable about people who have nails wider than an inch it has that much bearing on anything.

Edited by mouthwash

Just catching up on Charlie Brooker's Election Wipe. My highpoint of this election is Brooker refering to Farage as Admiral Ackbar. It's uncanny :lol:

image.jpg1_zpsljbiyrf5.jpg

Ironically, he's an alien...

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 4

Just catching up on Charlie Brooker's Election Wipe. My highpoint of this election is Brooker refering to Farage as Admiral Ackbar. It's uncanny :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaand that's just ruined my whole childhood. And most of my adulthood too actually.

:headhurt:

See I'm confused about that one, I've got no idea why someones orientation or skin colour would make you uncomfortable... If however a Mountain Lion came along and wanted to ask questions about your political agenda or sit with you at the pub then I agree, time to feel uncomfortable.

Sadly I am not eloquent enough to explain It then, or you just see It differently. I was just trying to perhaps offer a view from how she feels. I dont feel uncomfortable around negros, but do gays, just suggesting it doesnt automatically make you predujice to not feel comfortable around certain groups, but as Ekona mentions, they are both sensitive subjects, i have been called to rights before on here for comments made about Louis Spence.

Would you feel comfortable If you wandered Into a pikey campsite for example?

Sadly I am not eloquent enough to explain It then, or you just see It differently. I was just trying to perhaps offer a view from how she feels. I dont feel uncomfortable around negros, but do gays, just suggesting it doesnt automatically make you predujice to not feel comfortable around certain groups, but as Ekona mentions, they are both sensitive subjects, i have been called to rights before on here for comments made about Louis Spence.

It's a bit of a misleading question asking if I would be comfortable walking into a pack of people that I don't know with a reputation that precedes them, of course I would on the basis that I'm an outsider.. If I knew them then no, why would I? If I had to walk into a pack of straight as they come / white English people I would feel just as uncomfortable.

Do black or gay people have a reputation that makes you fearful of them? It's very irrational to be uncomfortable around gay people unless of course there is something you are worried about having to admit to yourself. :p

Our local independent just looks like a complete fruit loop, and while some of his policies are spot-on there's a lot of crazy on there too. I feel sorry for him really, must cost a fair bit to go through all this for pretty much zero gain.

Bit disappointed that I didn't get a single Tory leaflet through my door during this campaign. I know it's a pretty safe seat, but even so a bit of effort would be appreciated.

It's a bit of a misleading question asking if I would be comfortable walking into a pack of people that I don't know with a reputation that precedes them

It's very irrational to be uncomfortable around gay people unless of course there is something you are worried about having to admit to yourself. :p

Just maybe that is how that women felt about negros, so the question is far from misleading, she doesnt know them either, its not as cut and dried as you make it, hence the racial tension in this country, as per the sad incidents that happen to gangzoom.

Its not an irrational feeling at all, i find them overbearing and their mannerisms (not all of course) are nothing i am at familiar with, hence why i feel uncomfortable.