• Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Green
    • I'm not voting

Just seen this thread.

All you people who areting need to remember that you relinquish the right to have a point of view regarding the General Election, or anything else that goes on in this country. If it was me I would make it law that you must vote.

OK. I am off my soap box now :lol:

Why should people not have a view? If you dont attend a football match does that mean you cannot comment on the game? I have heard this a few times, andwhy can someone not have a view just because they didnt vote? Plenty of people give a view on my cars I buy but none of them have actually owned one? I just find this idea that you 'gotta be in it to have a view' just a bit odd.

Of course you can have a view, but if you choose not to vote, its redundant and immaterial, certainly in my opinion.

A better analogy would be, you decide what your next cars budget is, but let the fourm decide what to buy for you. No one would then be interested in what you thought as you relinquished your freedom to choose.

UKIP aren't against foreigners.

If you believe the media they are ;)

I will echo your thoughts elsewhere, If a mature intelligent individual cant side to one particular parties policies on the whole, i believe that to be just plain obstinant and martyrism. There is a party out there that will suit everyone, mostly, try one of the online tests and go with whomever they place your vote with after some honest answers to key questions.

And there in is the rub....the mainstream parties are running scared , the vitriol against the party and anyone who suports them is in some instances reminiscent of the tactics used by Dictatorships against dissenters of the established regime and yes I acknowledge the irony.

Farage didn't do himself any favours in the debates, though. Whilst I get his point about stopping health tourism, it's hardly a huge drain on resources here and neither is it a very easy thing to argue for when everyone else is ready to paint you as the bad guy. He's the best debater by far out of all the leaders, but he dug his own grave there.

Farage didn't do himself any favours in the debates, though. Whilst I get his point about stopping health tourism, it's hardly a huge drain on resources here and neither is it a very easy thing to argue for when everyone else is ready to paint you as the bad guy. He's the best debater by far out of all the leaders, but he dug his own grave there.

Considering he was deliberately omitted from the main leadership debate by the leftie propaganda machine BBC he performed better than any other imho as he is the only leader to actually answer a question put to him, weather you like the answer is another question but at least it gives you the chance to make an informed choice rather than just be phobbed off with sound bites and lies.

There was no bias that I saw, again attacking the audience was a really, really daft move. He had a real chance to prove that he's more than a collection of angry shouty words and instead he set himself up as unelectable. Huge shame.

There are times in politics to be honest, and there are times to tone it down a bit. You can go hell for leather during PMQs, but during a national debate where everyone is going to be looking for easy point-scoring, that's when you play the game a bit.

BoJo is excellent at that. The only upside to seeing Miliband as PM will be that Dave will hopefully step down and let Sir Boris take the reigns.

There was no bias that I saw, again attacking the audience was a really, really daft move. He had a real chance to prove that he's more than a collection of angry shouty words and instead he set himself up as unelectable. Huge shame.

There are times in politics to be honest, and there are times to tone it down a bit. You can go hell for leather during PMQs, but during a national debate where everyone is going to be looking for easy point-scoring, that's when you play the game a bit.

BoJo is excellent at that. The only upside to seeing Miliband as PM will be that Dave will hopefully step down and let Sir Boris take the reigns.

Really no bias. .funny how the BBC had to publicly admit it was and that the audience was loaded with lefties .

Isnt that just the whole point of Farage and Ukip though, they are not out to win a personality contest in order to gain votes and are not prepared to sugar coat answers and topics and tell people what they want to hear, they tell it how it is or more so, how they see it.

I am sure he knows he isnt going to persuade some lefty to give him his vote, so why bother trying :)

• Like 1

UKIP are not all they seem to be. I note with interest their inheritance and tax related policy intentions.

I don't believe any of the parties can fundamentally alter what I believe will happen over the coming 5 years, let alone the next 20 years plus. That's a Japan style deflationary spiral.

None of the political parties or groups are giving us any concrete details or intentions. They can't because they know what the true state of things are. Record periods of low interest rates (since they were recorded), slow to almost no growth, continued cuts to public services etc. a Financial instability in the Euro zone and record levels of debt in the U.S.

They / we still haven't tackled our deficit, let alone the debt. They simply don't have the finances or the economic manoeuvrability to do what we want them to do. That is why none of them can or will provide any detail to us. It's out of their hands, there's no wriggle room.

I will still vote, I always have. It will be a vote for those who I think will do us the least harm or who can protect us all the most, even if there's not much they can do.

Sorry for the doom mongering, but my experiences and the patterns I have seen, actions I witness just indicate to me what I think will happen.

I worked with quite a large group of Polish guys/girls and they almost ALL went back to Poland for health related stuff and dentistry even though they paid into the NHS every week, so should we stop that sort of Health Tourism too, or maybe just give them back some of what they have paid in :shrug:

I don't really care who wins...But if UKIP get any significant number of seats me and the wife will be seriously consider giving up UK citizenship and moving back to SE Asia, most likely Singapore.

I've always felt an underlying degree of racism in most UK cities (which is 'normal'/ to be expected), but the popularity of UKIP just confirmed my fears.

Having UKIP win any large number of seats is a clear message to the world that the UK doesn't want foreigners, and if your not white, and anglo saxon than you should be treated as a second class citizen. I for one am not going to let my family hang around in a country shifting to the far right....History has shown that a strong nationalist movement is often the pre-requisite to some rather horrible things :(

I know that's probably what UKIP voters wants any way, that way we immigrants can vacate our jobs for hardworking 'British' people....Good luck finding 'British' people who want to work 78hrs shifts in the NHS!!

Do you read the daily mail by any chance?

I'm not voting ukip, but what you've written is completely incorrect.

Incorrect in what way??

Have you and kids point at you and tell you 'go home'...

Have you had your car vandalised because your family was the only 'non-white' family on the street??

Have you had rocks thrown at your window for no apparent reason??

I've heard enough from UKIP to make up my own mind, like I've said, we're lucky enough to have the resources to 'go back home' should I feel the need to.

There's no point in me debating this issue, unless your an ethic minority your never have a clue what 'Racisms' or 'Discrimination' actually means.

Yes, only minorities can possibly be discriminated against or encounter racism of any kind. It's a prerequisite really...

Did any UKIP member do any of that, then?

There's no point in me debating this issue, unless your an ethic minority your never have a clue what 'Racisms' or 'Discrimination' actually means.

Biggest load of garbage I've seen you type and I've read all the stuff you've written about electric cars.

• Like 1

Agreed. Utter horsecrap, my friend.

I don't doubt you've suffered from racism. My point is that you cannot lay that blame solely at the door of UKIP, as you appear to be doing on here.

Sure, some racists do vote UKIP, but they also voted for the other parties before UKIP existed. Racism is everywhere, if we start pointing in just one place then it will forever be there.

So your blaming racism on ukip, priceless :) you do know a Tory government is in power right?

Well they are going to be gaining a fair few seats so as you say yourself, you have a decision to make :wave:

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

But that isnt health tourism is it, if they are paying into the system ;)

Should i get some of my ni back because i havent used the national health system in years?

Of course it is, just in reverse! :p

And the ni question, possibly yes, if you are a non smoker and non drinker like myself then why should I pay the same ni as someone who smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish :shrug:

At the end of the day the NHS is what it is I guess

Edited by spursmaddave

Should i get some of my ni back because i havent used the national health system in years?

And the ni question, possibly yes, if you are a non smoker and non drinker like myself then why should I pay the same ni as someone who smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish :shrug:

So nothing like it then, health tourism is tourist travel for the purpose of healthcare :)

What about fat people, why arent they subject to huge duties to compensate for their drain on the nhs.

Anyway, doesnt really matter, you cant even be bothered to vote so cant bother you that much :)

So nothing like it then, health tourism is tourist travel for the purpose of healthcare :)

What about fat people, why arent they subject to huge duties to compensate for their drain on the nhs.

Anyway, doesnt really matter, you cant even be bothered to vote so cant bother you that much :)

Nope won't be voting and really couldn't give a toss who wins as it will make feck all difference to anything really... all as bad as each other :headhurt:

Surely someone that lives and works in the UK (whatever nationality) that visits a foreign country for health care is classed as a 'tourist' :shrug:

What about a UK national who lives and works abroad coming home for treatment?

Not a case of not being bothered to vote, it isn't mandatory so I choose not to :D as I don't vote I don't complain about anything political really apart from in general, same with religion...

I actually think the health tourism issue is valid although not really a huge drain I would think, and I think most would agree immigration needs a shake up as well as the welfare state, but none of the parties will have the funds or the balls to tackle any of those areas properly...

Anyway I will leave you all to it, play nicely, hopefully this thread will stay polite and courteous :)

So your blaming racism on ukip, priceless :) you do know a Tory government is in power right?

Well they are going to be gaining a fair few seats so as you say yourself, you have a decision to make :wave:

You don't need to worry about me, I see the whole world as massive job market, and both me and the wife have got the skills/qualifications needed to go pretty much anywhere without too much hassle, and neither of us feel any loyalty to any one nationality. Which may be why clearly I see things different from some of you guys.

It would be a-shame to leave the UK though, because it's where I've learnt my skills, but I don't see any part of life as been a constant, things changes, and you have to adapt.

Edited by gangzoom

Well I sent off my postal votes, first time I've changed my vote, ever. Be interesting to see what happens for sure.

Gangzoom, I agree people should adapt but things arent always that simple family, situation etc.

UKIP are not racist, they have many ethnic minorities as members of their party. They are just patriotic and what's wrong with that? When they speak for Britain they speak for those who are black British, Indian British and so on. It's not about racism for UKIP it's about protecting the interests of the country in their view, which is not an exodus of anyone who isn't white. You haven't done enough homework. Having said all that, i'm not a UKIP supporter but I can understand their point of view. I also find it a little short sighted that you might think that if you're white you won't understand racism. You might scoff and jeer at the idea that if you're white you can never experience racism. Not so.

Edited by Rock_Steady

UKIP are not racist, they have many ethnic minorities as members of their party. They are just patriotic and what's wrong with that? When they speak for Britain they speak for those who are black British, Indian British and so on. It's not about racism for UKIP it's about protecting the interests of the country in their view, which is not an exodus of anyone who isn't white. You haven't done enough homework. Having said all that, i'm not a UKIP supporter but I can understand their point of view. I also find it a little short sighted that you might think that if you're white you won't understand racism. You might scoff and jeer at the idea that if you're white you can never experience racism. Not so.

And this is the problem the country faces, say anything to do with minorities and your branded a racist, regardless of context.

I think that council member they filmed in the recent documentary talking about how she didn't feel comfortable around 'negroes' was quite racist. :)

Every party has its bad apples of course, but I think UKIPs problem (apart from the Pound Shop logo) is that the media always seems to catch one of the nutters on camera saying something that knocks their credibility.

You can argue the media has it in for them, but if the party wants to be taken seriously it needs to get rid of people who think and talk like that (or at least teach them to shut the f up when there's a camera nearby).

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 2

Or she was just being honest, she didnt say, i hate negros and hope they all burn in hell or i want all the negros out of the UK.

Sure it probably wasnt the right thing to say, but its not racist, just honest!

All parties have bad members as you say, but it seems its "acceptable" to be fraudulent, have affairs, do drugs, break the law and god knows what else, but exactly as my post above, mention something or anything to do with a minority and your burned at the stake, its like the greatest sin known to man these days.