Hampshire Speed Camera Locations

Oggieteepo

Hi,

So in "the news" the other day there was an article about speed camera locations for a current operation for HantsPol... these things usually last 2 weeks to a month I guess.

(Yeah I realise it pretty much covers the whole of Hampshire - but might help someone)

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/police-speed-camera-locations-1-6695194

(that link potentially might not work from my mobile, you might need to get rid of the M after the Http://)

• Like 1

Mobile van caught me last week 59 in a 50 guess I'm lucky as could have been a lot faster.

The paperwork is asking if I want to do the speed awareness course for £90 think that's the way to go as don't want a fine and points.

Definitely do the course instead.

Some insurance companies will ask at renewal time if you've done a "speed awareness" course but most don't so you won't get penalised for it unlike with points/fines. ;)

Yeah, I guess that's not too bad.. the fine is £60 in itself, or at least it was when I last got points.

£100 for a fixed penalty fine these days.

Pete

Say Whaaaat.... Bloody inflation, the speed awareness it is!

My insurance didn't change at all for having 3 points but as you can tell that was a fair few years ago now.

Edited by Oggieteepo

Yeah, I guess that's not too bad.. the fine is £60 in itself, or at least it was when I last got points.

Pete

Look at the positive - that's about a tank full of petrol, that you could be using and then pick up another ticket ;)

Im doing the two week wait at the moment, driving on a dual carriage way down a hill, at bottom I saw a camera van hard over on the opposite side of the road with its bonnet facing towards me, the black window was at the back of the van so hoping they were doing the traffic opposite.

Think I got caught in my van yesterday on the A3.

No van just someone with a high vis and a camera on a bridge.

Was in my van doing about 70 maybe slightly over but as I'm in a van I should be doing 60 (I know, I know)

Now the long two week wait!!

definitely go for the speed awareness course if you can - when I was caught for doing 85 on an empty motorway at 11pm ( :dry: )I was originally just going to be getting points - but I politely requested the speed awareness course to learn something rather than just be punished. its not as bad as you might think, actually learned a good amount of stuff (although very little of it relevant to doing 85 on a motorway) and kept a clean licence which is always good.

I got flashed last week. Sods law. Theres loads of roadworks on my way into work atm and I am religious about keeping to the speed limit in my car. I sit there doing 40 in the 40 and 50 in the 50 every day, with endless amounts of cars and articulated lorries flying past me and no sign of speed camera vans. Then last week I decided to go a different route home and coming into a 30 from a 60 on the outskirts of a quiet village I was distracted by a broken down truck on side of the road and I didnt slow down quick enough. So got flashed by a blue camera van hidden under a bridge doing 39 in a 30, so hardly foot to the boards, but still more than 30. I couldnt believe it. Made me wish id speeded everywhere rather than be careful.

Still, you live & learn. 100quid & 3 points or speed awareness. Since 3 points jacked my premium up by 30% last time, I am going to opt for the speed awareness course. Going to be annoying though being preached at about how you should keep to speed limits etc when 99.99% of the time in my car I am. [Motorbike however is a completely different story! :lol:]

definitely go for the speed awareness course if you can - when I was caught for doing 85 on an empty motorway at 11pm ( :dry: )I was originally just going to be getting points - but I politely requested the speed awareness course to learn something rather than just be punished. its not as bad as you might think, actually learned a good amount of stuff (although very little of it relevant to doing 85 on a motorway) and kept a clean licence which is always good.

I have heard a lot of people say the courses are actually much better than expected :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got flashed last week. Sods law. Theres loads of roadworks on my way into work atm and I am religious about keeping to the speed limit in my car. I sit there doing 40 in the 40 and 50 in the 50 every day, with endless amounts of cars and articulated lorries flying past me and no sign of speed camera vans. Then last week I decided to go a different route home and coming into a 30 from a 60 on the outskirts of a quiet village I was distracted by a broken down truck on side of the road and I didnt slow down quick enough. So got flashed by a blue camera van hidden under a bridge doing 39 in a 30, so hardly foot to the boards, but still more than 30. I couldnt believe it. Made me wish id speeded everywhere rather than be careful.

Still, you live & learn. 100quid & 3 points or speed awareness. Since 3 points jacked my premium up by 30% last time, I am going to opt for the speed awareness course. Going to be annoying though being preached at about how you should keep to speed limits etc when 99.99% of the time in my car I am. [Motorbike however is a completely different story! :lol:]

From what I have heard you don't get preached at so fingers crossed, luckily I have avoided any points for 7 years now after getting 5 points 3 weeks after passing my test :doh: was doing 59 in a 30 :blush:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete

Look at the positive - that's about a tank full of petrol, that you could be using and then pick up another ticket ;)

Well that's a downward spiral..

Rabbit: always the way mate.

Edited by Oggieteepo

• 2 weeks later...

I did the course in Reading last year. Thought it was going to be really awful, but the guy who took it was actually really good and he came outside afterwards to admire the zed lol

I was probably the youngest person on the course that day, most of the people were pensioners that had got caught 5 mins from their home doing 34 in a 30. Felt really bad for them and I kept very quiet when they went round the room giving details of where & what speed we all got caught at.

Be warned though.....they do show some tear-jerkers about kids getting run over etc.

Recommend it over points any day, just a shame you can only do it once :scare: