350Z Number 1

Ian

Do not know if it really is the first one, LadyBoy had a pre-production one which was released and did not have the front strut, sure he said the early ones did not have one.

Chassis number Z33-000001 probably was the first one you know ;)

The fact its stored in Nissans own storage facility probably backs that up somewhat as well .......... :)

Do not know if it really is the first one, LadyBoy had a pre-production one which was released and did not have the front strut, sure he said the early ones did not have one.

The fact its stored in Nissans own storage facility probably backs that up somewhat as well .......... :)

Not saying it was NOT the first, more it looks like they either have added bits that where not on the first ones to be built or the ones I am talking about where made before this and they gave it a different chassis numbering sequence.

As for its Nissan owning it and therefore likely to be correct , they do have a tendency to say anything they want, just try to calling NMGB with warranty issues and see if you believe what they tell you.

• 1 month later...
All Zeds (including US ones) are made in one factory in Japan.

You just made my day! My window sticker clearly says "final assembly point: Los Angeles." I've been labouring under the delusion my car was domestic. I just Wikipeda'ed Nissan's assembly plant and LA isn't mentioned :yahoo:

I've owned many Japanese made cars and Japanese American made cars and have always felt the Japanese made cars are better.

You just made my day! My window sticker clearly says "final assembly point: Los Angeles." I've been labouring under the delusion my car was domestic. I just Wikipeda'ed Nissan's assembly plant and LA isn't mentioned :yahoo:

I've owned many Japanese made cars and Japanese American made cars and have always felt the Japanese made cars are better.

Maybe the car is made in japan and then shipped to LA where they make any final tweaks for the US market maybe? :blush:

Uk zeds have the nismo kit fitted in sunderland and not japan IIRC :thumbs:

Maybe the car is made in japan and then shipped to LA where they make any final tweaks for the US market maybe? :blush:

Uk zeds have the nismo kit fitted in sunderland and not japan IIRC :thumbs:

Very possible. LA would certainly be the entry port into America. Call me a snob but I like my watches swiss and my cars Japanese. :lol: