My rough week...

-Bradders-

I hate stuff like this.. I had a similar problem afew years ago. Was parked along the seafront eating some chips with the girlfriend and three drunk men Walked towards my car and started pouring beer over my bonnet and laughing. (I was only 17 at the time) not going to lie I was abit scared but I guess adrenaline kicked in and I ended up kicking the absolute pancakes out of two of them with the third making a hasty retreat! I guess I was just lucky that they were drunk and couldn't throw a straight punch otherwise things could of been a lot worse for me! People like this boil my blood, probably never had to do a days work in their life, never mind own and maintain a car!!! Rant over

I think these guys may had poured some beer on my car as there was a tin next to it and now everytime i turn the AC on it smells like a pub carpet haha!

Lets hope it was beer rather than.....well......they got a little desperate for the loo

I hate stuff like this.. I had a similar problem afew years ago. Was parked along the seafront eating some chips with the girlfriend and three drunk men Walked towards my car and started pouring beer over my bonnet and laughing. (I was only 17 at the time) not going to lie I was abit scared but I guess adrenaline kicked in and I ended up kicking the absolute pancakes out of two of them with the third making a hasty retreat! I guess I was just lucky that they were drunk and couldn't throw a straight punch otherwise things could of been a lot worse for me! People like this boil my blood, probably never had to do a days work in their life, never mind own and maintain a car!!! Rant over

I think these guys may had poured some beer on my car as there was a tin next to it and now everytime i turn the AC on it smells like a pub carpet haha!

Lets hope it was beer rather than.....well......they got a little desperate for the loo

they wasnt there long enough to take a leak lol, plus there was a splattered can on the floor next to the car!

Sounds like horrible week....When I do finally get another decent (non-ugly) car I'm definitely going to see if I can clear the garage and use it for the car rather than just storage.

Unfortunately idiots live everywhere, a few months ago someone keyed about 6 cars on our road :surrender: ....Luckily we only had the old Civic parked on the road, which apparently they deemed not worthy to be keyed, and the BMW just happened to be else where (probably with Mitz getting fixed :lol: )

Hope you get it sorted out :)

Edited by gangzoom

Keep going Bradders. You will get the wright guy for the job, and at the wright price :) I have used DENT DEVILS in the past....and they are very good. I'm in East Sussex.....not sure how far out they go....but look on there website. Worth a try.......:)

Edited by JEMAN
  • Like 1

pretty sure its ok to post lol

http://fixadent.co.uk/

Ryan is your man. Tell him Pete from East Preston recommended him.

had 3 quotes, he's the only one so far that said it needs filling and respraying :/ lol... and that he cant do it.

That's one of the things that makes him so good. Plenty of people will tell you they can do it and you end up with a less than satisfactory repair. He won't do anything he wouldn't be happy with himself. I'd be inclined to take his advice as not many people turn work away but good luck if you go another route. Sounds as if you need it...

Most insurance firms fix vandalism damage these days with no impact on your no claims bonus. My Astra VXR was vandalised (smashed window, damage to the roof and bonnet where rocks had been thrown at it) and it got fixed, just had to pay my excess. You can claim all of this as vandalism surely? Obviously not worth it of course if your excess is more than the repair cost.

He said he ran an engine flush through it and the smoke was about 90% better, and was going to do another one yesterday, not heard anything since. probably blew the welds on the manifold, now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block.... or just order in some overnight parts from japan, you know the norm :lol:

• Like 1

My week just got alot worse... right before wales aswel!!

Hi Brad.

Sorry for the bad news, but after the second engine flush and new oil it is smoking much less, but it still has the smoke which is indicate oil being burned. We checked the valve seals (from the inlet manifold you can see a bit) and they looks OK, so I'm sure the oil goes up by the pistons. That would mean the only way to get it repaired is an expensive engine rebuild. I also found the oil pressure is very low when it's warmed up, this also pointing to serious internal problem (oil pump worn or there is a big gap somewhere in the system where you are loosing the pressure). Your options would be: 1; go ahead with the engine rebuild (estimated close to the £2000) 2; get a used engine and swap it over 3; sell the car as it is.

Please let me know if you have any question I could help with.

Regards Sly.

My week just got alot worse... right before wales aswel!!

Hi Brad.

Sorry for the bad news, but after the second engine flush and new oil it is smoking much less, but it still has the smoke which is indicate oil being burned. We checked the valve seals (from the inlet manifold you can see a bit) and they looks OK, so I'm sure the oil goes up by the pistons. That would mean the only way to get it repaired is an expensive engine rebuild. I also found the oil pressure is very low when it's warmed up, this also pointing to serious internal problem (oil pump worn or there is a big gap somewhere in the system where you are loosing the pressure). Your options would be: 1; go ahead with the engine rebuild (estimated close to the £2000) 2; get a used engine and swap it over 3; sell the car as it is.

Please let me know if you have any question I could help with.

Regards Sly.

Gutted for you mate.

10/10 for attitude though.

Nothing keeps you down! :)