The best stocking filler I've ever had

Dicky

Decided to do a little 5 min job under the bonnet this morning, but before starting I quickly checked the oil level having changed it yesterday. I started the job, trying to get this brass coloured washer thingy into position, it pinged out of my hand and guess where it landed.

Well done, you got it right first time.

Yes it bounced once and went straight down the oil filler hole, the one Id forgotten to but back earlier. I didn't bother putting it back straight away because as we all know there's no way something like this can happen.

Well after I got up off the garage floor I got out my torch and lookd down this deep dark hole but couldn't see a thing. Contemplating having to begin major surgery I took one more look down the hole and got a tiny reflection off the edge of this washer thingy. Dead lucky cos there was maybe only 0.000000001mm of it's edge showing.

I didn't dare use a piece of wire or my extension grabber tool thingy cos I couldn't control them easily and may have pushed it out of sight.

BUT wait there. The wife bought me one of those useless DIY mechanic tools as a stocking filler last Xmas. It had a magnet on the end of a car ariel with a led at the end for recovering your keys when you drop them down a drain (As if).

I thought I'd binned it whien she wasn't looking but after stripping the house down to the floor boards I found it. But was the brass coloured thingy, brass or brass coloured steel????!

Testing it on another of those thingy's I was relived to find it was not brass. Lowering it down the dark deep hole I heard a " CLICK" and yes I had it stuck to the end.

As you know already, the wife is always right, and I couldn't stop myself kissing and hugging this wonderful and extremely useful proffessional mechanics tool, I mean Xmas prezzy. The best I've ever had. I'm now thinking of having it mounted, framed and hung on wall as a reminder to all mankind that if something bad can happen it bloody well will !

• Like 16

Thank you chaps but I have to admit to other misfortunes while doing my servicing the day before. First, having changed the coolant I went to start the car to warm it up and get the coolant recirculating when warning lights started popping up. I'd left the air intake up to the throttle controller off. Now my engine management lights on all the time. Then didn't I take off the radiator cap to check the level before it had cooled down and got a green coolant shower, very nice on a hot day. Ha ha ha the joys of diy

As you know already, the wife is always right, and I couldn't stop myself kissing and hugging this wonderful and extremely useful proffessional mechanics tool, I mean Xmas prezzy.

You didn't kiss and hug the wife for buying it? :stir:

As you know already, the wife is always right, and I couldn't stop myself kissing and hugging this wonderful and extremely useful proffessional mechanics tool, I mean Xmas prezzy.

You didn't kiss and hug the wife for buying it? :stir:

WHAT! Urggggggh do I have to?

I wud be lost in work without a telescopic magnet, they can be infuriating though when your trying to fish a bolt out thats too heavy for it and it keeps dropping off lol

I've got that one to look forward to no doubt :)