Best current place to get fuel - prices etc

dannybz

This is an impossible question to answer, unless we have the OP's address.

BP is fine. Tesco is fine. Sainsburys is fine. Esso is fine. Shell is fine. Gulf is fine. Texaco is fine. Anything 97 or higher is fine. Fresher is better.

Yeah guess you are right lads... well I'm in Mansfield. I think i will try tesco next time, i have been using shell v power until now just looking to see if i can get cheaper and same quality elsewhere.

This is an impossible question to answer, unless we have the OP's address.

BP is fine. Tesco is fine. Sainsburys is fine. Esso is fine. Shell is fine. Gulf is fine. Texaco is fine. Anything 97 or higher is fine. Fresher is better.

Fwiw and based on standard unleaded only (when I had my fiesta st), I found sainsburys fuel quite poor for economy. Also, I used a local independent on two occasions out of necessity to fill up and the car always struggled to turn over in the mornings but was otherwise faultless with other fuels

Edited by hughesy

Only ever filling up with V power what sort of savings are we really talking about say on a full tank a few quid maybe ? Though I don't use mine as a daily so fill up no more than twice a month if that, so never really compared prices

Edited by SHEZZA

I use this

http://www.petrolprices.com

They send with emails as well but I always end up just going to wherever is closest when I need it. Never make that much difference really

I use them too. However, I know that the cheapest garage near me is always the same one as they try to undercut all the other local places, so very often I play "petrol roulette" and try to get to the cheapest place before I run out. Cut it very close last week when my "miles to empty" was showing 0 and I needed to get another 9 miles to the garage.

I've said it a bunch of times but I don't like the Tesco stuff, it's got a lot of additives in it to make the numbers (and a good friend had issues with it and won't touch it again).

So my car is 99% of the time filled up with Shell V-Power Nitro+ (hah daft name).