WALES 2015 SOAPBOX

Mudman

If somebody can promise me the weather will be better than last year i'll come..

shouldn't be hard since it was raining when i got there on Friday afternoon and it was still raining when i left on Sunday :boat:

id deffo go on my own. were all a friendly bunch!!

I went on my own on the Sunday last year. They are a friendly bunch so no one should feel shy about going on their own :)

Mudman - you have a t-shirt related PM.

S.

Edited by Squee

Trophies for the Show and Shine have been ordered ! and looks like we have managed to get the Hotel to agree to host a barby on the Saturday night

• Like 5

Hoping for lunch about 1230 on the Sunday and without giving the game away we then head over to the tunnels of the A55 before going back inland I reckon back by 4pm but there are a few critical points planned where people can free run if they don't need to go back to the hotel. I still have to get back to Norfolk so can see us getting back any later than 16:30

Well, now my attendance is in major doubt... and it's not the Z's fault either!

What the NHS describe as a bad sprain, my physio says it's a textbook ruptured anterior talofibular ligament - aka 6 weeks in plaster.

Cast is due off for inspection next Thursday, I'll know more then.

Worst case scenario, I'll get a friend I trust to drive the Z and meet you guys for the show and shine at the Moreton.

Can't link properly on mobile, but pic for those interested haha!

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-0/11070610_10155430023350461_1692349329139839745_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1349cd65d0a0488a9568b9efeb599383&oe=55D18606&__gda__=1440976249_65e1b92b6230e959d9cc8e01410f38b2

Haha! Well a shower wasn't very high on my to do list after pinging that :p

Having a wash is now a military operation, so I've decided not to bother washing at all for the full duration of my cast being on ;)

My wales isnt looking good now either.. heres my verdict from sly lol:

Hi Brad.

Sorry for the bad news, but after the second engine flush and new oil it is smoking much less, but it still has the smoke which is indicate oil being burned. We checked the valve seals (from the inlet manifold you can see a bit) and they looks OK, so I'm sure the oil goes up by the pistons. That would mean the only way to get it repaired is an expensive engine rebuild. I also found the oil pressure is very low when it's warmed up, this also pointing to serious internal problem (oil pump worn or there is a big gap somewhere in the system where you are loosing the pressure). Your options would be: 1; go ahead with the engine rebuild (estimated close to the £2000) 2; get a used engine and swap it over 3; sell the car as it is.

Please let me know if you have any question I could help with.

Regards Sly.

Guys would like some advice from Wales veterans.

If i get a new clutch in time I'm going to join you, I have just stuck in traffic fitted some new tien flex coilovers and the rear end is on lowest setting lol.

Do you think this will be ok for the Wales trip or should I think about taking them up, it's speed humps I worry about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

don't recall any speed humps last year - but Mudman has the current route (will be release soon)

I'd worry more about road humps, where you may (or may not) take off slightly :blush: and land a little heavily :surrender:

The route is pretty much all A and B roads - no detours through housing estates and heavily populated urban areas with schools avoided where possible ! All I will reveal at this stage is Wales would not be Wales without the Triangle

• Like 1

Hi Brad.

Sorry for the bad news, but after the second engine flush and new oil it is smoking much less, but it still has the smoke which is indicate oil being burned. We checked the valve seals (from the inlet manifold you can see a bit) and they looks OK, so I'm sure the oil goes up by the pistons. That would mean the only way to get it repaired is an expensive engine rebuild. I also found the oil pressure is very low when it's warmed up, this also pointing to serious internal problem (oil pump worn or there is a big gap somewhere in the system where you are loosing the pressure). Your options would be: 1; go ahead with the engine rebuild (estimated close to the £2000) 2; get a used engine and swap it over 3; sell the car as it is.

Regards Sly.

Sorry to hear that Bradders. What are you going to do?

Hi Brad.

Regards Sly.

Sorry to hear that Bradders. What are you going to do?

What i would hope anyone would do, thrash it until it blows! haha

• Like 2