Pressure washers.

johnny cobra

Got a Karcher K2, it works fine. I hear good things about Nilfisk and their brass internals, not plastic. Does this mean they last longer or corrode quicker?? Can't be sure.

For a lance, only used a PA, but it's good, fittings for all the big washer brands and nice and easy to clean/service.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pa-foam-lance-cat2.html

Edited by SuperStu

I'll let others argue over which is better. As Stu said, the main difference between the two is the metal vs. plastic parts internals.

However, I have a Nilfisk (C110) which is perfectly adequate and has so far lasted about 5 years or so.

In terms of lances, they're all the same internally - the only two things that ever differ from one brand to another is the nozzle adjustment shape and/or colour and the shape of the bottle - so I'd always recommend going for the cheapest. The cheapest I know of id from Direct Hoses, whilst you're there treat yourself to a 15m quick release hose for you new pressure washer from there too. You'll thank me for it. ;)

Also, commit to a pressure washer before ordering the lance and/or hose; Karcher have two fitments depending on which model you go for, Nilfisk just use the one, not so sure about other brands.

• Like 1

I have a Karcher K2 which is more than up to the job of my weekly car washes.

More info here about it & the snow foam gun I bought to go with it.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84321-what-a-difference-a-snow-foam-gun-can-make/

Anyway you didn't mention your budget so if you don't want to spend megga bucks then the same set up as me will be more than enough for doing the weekly car wash and occasional patio clean imo. ;)

• Like 1

I don't mind cost ..... so long as its good and will last ....

JC

My previous jet washer was a Halfords own brand 150hp, ...that lasted through 7 years of weekly car washes and the occasional patio/driveway wash.

Not bad for a fairly cheap piece of equipment (£130 odd when I got it). ;)

• Like 1

JC

Oh well if cost is no issue, then get a Kranzle. Just not the one Dan suggested... (only because I don't want him to be right all of the time :lol: ).

*smugface*

:lol:

JC

Oh well if cost is no issue, then get a Kranzle. Just not the one Dan suggested... (only because I don't want him to be right all of the time :lol: ).

*smugface*

:lol:

That's your only face!

I have a Nilfisk c110 and a lance from Direct Hoses. Perfect combo for me......but I'm a cheap skate.

• Like 2

Kranzle. Accept no substitute.

7-122 for me. Superb piece of kit, it really is.

These Vajazzle ones look really good, not seen them before. When the K pumps its last squirt these are on the list :thumbs:

Edited by SuperStu

I used to have a farly decent Karcher, but when it burst its guts P I decided that I wanted to replace it with something indestructible. Karcher is around £200 with average internals, the Kranzle is £350 with bulletproof internals. For me, and the amount I use it, I want something that will be completely reliable for many years.

• Like 1