Best mods for under £50

Mr Way

Hi guys

I have owned my zed for a little under 3 months and I'm itching to do some bits to it Id like to get the wheels refurbed and sort out the audio as the bose stereo is awful. Unfortunately funds are a bit tight at the moment due to Bills so I wanted some opinions on some good mods for around £50 and under to do over the next couple of months until finances improve.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Way do you have a 370Z then or a 350Z as in your avatar? :dry:

Just wondered as it wouldn't be the first time someone accidentally posted in the wrong section. :surrender::lol:

Anyway some food for thought:

• Bonnet struts (lifters)
  • LED bulbs (boot light, number plate lights, sidelights, interior lights, indicators etc)
  • Stubby (as Durk above mentioned)
  • Chrome tyre valve caps
  • Uprated 1.3 bar radiator cap (Mishimoto, Cusco etc)
  • Performance panel filter
  • Zed badges/burger badges etc

I could go on. :lol:;)

• Like 1

Hi guys

I have owned my zed for a little under 3 months and I'm itching to do some bits to it Id like to get the wheels refurbed and sort out the audio as the bose stereo is awful. Unfortunately funds are a bit tight at the moment due to Bills so I wanted some opinions on some good mods for around £50 and under to do over the next couple of months until finances improve.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum! Definitely an Rdx Stubby! Maybe some mats, silver indicator bulbs, gear knob (Tarmac has some Nismo style ones, I recently bought one), Panel filter (Hks or Cosworth are the recommended brands), Boot divider (Ian, a member on here makes quality items).

These are all 'mods' you could do for under £50. I wrapped my window switch handles in some vinyl bought from ebay (under £10) as mine were scratched to the white plastic.

Iwan

• Like 1

Thanks durk I actually have done the stubby ariel that was the first thing I changed when I got home after picking the car up and cleaning it.

Grundy Fuel isn't really an issue as I only work 5 minutes from home and I fill her up whenever she needs it. I'm quite suprised in how good it is on fuel for the size of the engine. My previous car was a civic ep3 type r (not a fan of the vtec) and there isnt really much difference in fuel consumption between the two considering the the civic is only 2ltr and the zed is 3.5

Hi guys

thanks for the feedback i have a 350 not a great avatar pic at moment I know. I have already done the stubby ariel also got a weighted gear knob from ebay d1 spec for £20 actually very nice for the money. I will definately be buying some mats seen some nice ones on eBay for £35 with Z badges also will be getting some Z badges from tarmac and have also just bought some carbon wrap like the idea for the window switch handles and have seen a few pics of the front lip below the grille wrapped in carbon which looks quite nice aswell. Do the aftermarket panel filters make much difference as I have a panel filter that came with the car.

Ash

Wiper delete and remove boot weight while you're there.. Will cost you £2-ish for a blanking grommet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 Makes a huge difference much faster in the corners due to less drag and weight loss :lol:

On a serious note; one of my favourite mods, looks so much cleaner :thumbs:

• Like 2

Wiper delete and remove boot weight while you're there.. Will cost you £2-ish for a blanking grommet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 Makes a huge difference much faster in the corners due to less drag and weight loss :lol:

On a serious note; one of my favourite mods, looks so much cleaner :thumbs:

I'm going to eventually do my wiper and boot weight delete on my day off :D

How about a new gear knob?

• Like 1

Why do people devide the boot?? whats the benefit? other than you cant get the mrs to climb over and get the crisps out the boot anymore?

I've always wondered this too. Can't see the need for a divider? :surrender:

The idea I believe is to stop thieves being able to see what's in your boot when the cars left unattended, ....therefore hopefully stopping them from breaking in to the Zed if you have something interesting in the boot. ;)

I've never bothered but then I don't often have anything in my boot anyway. :D

useful also to stop shopping and anything else rolling round the entire boot, but again, who goes shopping in the zed? that's what the girlfriends car is for, she can get the shopping trolley door dings!

I also hear it reduces some of the road noise from inside the boot.

Why do people devide the boot?? whats the benefit? other than you cant get the mrs to climb over and get the crisps out the boot anymore?

As mentioned by Gareth, I had it to keep stuff out of sight to avoid thief breaking into my zed. Also it looks cool from the front rather than just a black hole IMHO B)