Having a bad week

galgazza

Just my third week of owning my 350Z and this last week has not been good !

Sunday the hood stopped working (goes in Friday)

Monday had a mechanic check round the car and although it came with 12 months MOT and new service it needs the following : New pads front & rear, new discs front, replace both serpentine drive belts, secure underbody tray. (goes in Monday)

Today thought I would go for a quick spin and the battery is flat...

Having a bad week

chin up, those things arent too bad. then once done you shouldnt have much to worry about for a good few miles :)

^

+1

All wear and tear items but once they're done you'll begin to appreciate the joy of owning a Zed.

I've had mine for 11 years now and often found that a few things need doing at the same time - but in between those times its :drive1

• Like 1

It's quite common to have a few wear and tear issues to resolve with any used purchase but once they're done you will be in business.

I have my fingers crossed re the roof though. Let's hope they use a bit of analysis and brainpower to identify what's wrong. Abbey Motorsport sorted mine out - half an hour proper analysis and one re-aligned switch later - job done.

• Like 1

Don't worry about the wife, they made thousands of those, Zeds are relatively rare :lol:

Good luck with your fixes. I've got a 2004 too, the undertray was hanging off when I bought it (Z Speed FTW) battery was a few months back, discs and pads were flagged at my service yesterday. Best to get them out the way early doors and ready for summer :)

• Like 2

Thanks everyone, just come back in from a nice spin and looking forward to having all the jobs done and moving on to nicer things like new sound system and wheels.. :D

Lets just hope Nissan don't bankrupt me on the hood

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, just come back in from a nice spin and looking forward to having all the jobs done and moving on to nicer things like new sound system and wheels.. :D

Lets just hope Nissan don't bankrupt me on the hood

Wouldn't go to Nissan..go to a recommended Indi on here :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

Whacky no one come back on here about where to go and out of 18 companies who work on soft tops only Nissan come back to me. So didn't have a lot of choice.

I'm sure a few of us did mention where to go ;)

It is honestly sometimes worth driving a bit further to be with someone that knows these cars, but as others have said, once these initial problems are sorted out you'll be fine and at least you'll know you're on top of things :)

Would go to Nissan..go to a recommended Indi on here :scare:

I know there is not a lot of love for Nissan dealers on this forum - but I've found one who I trust to do the job right.

And that's just the point - find someone you trust to do the work - peace of mind is hard to put a price on :thumbs:

• Like 2

Hey I was the same, its natural you want everything to be feeling fresh and ready to go but when i purchassed my car the cooling fans failed and the pads needed replacing and a full service, now i have tax and tyres coming up :surrender: I then need bumper re-spray and alloy wheel refurbishment then we are feeling fresh.

• Like 1

Had a few names of where to go for the service but none for the hood.

I will let you know how the Nissan dealers perform.

Good luck with the work Chrisday

Ah, ok, didn't see that. Hope you get it sorted :)

• Like 1

Like previously mentioned, well worth lubricating the roof the day before you attempt to open after winter.

I only going to drop mine when it's been sat in warm sunlight for a few hours.

Edited by Kev

Would go to Nissan..go to a recommended Indi on here :scare:

I know there is not a lot of love for Nissan dealers on this forum - but I've found one who I trust to do the job right.

And that's just the point - find someone you trust to do the work - peace of mind is hard to put a price on :thumbs:

Yeah, same here for over a year now - good prices and service

All of them, indie and dealer, can also change over time from my 15 years experience

Find one and stick with them until they go bad :)

• Like 2

just back from a nice country drive in the z. Now I know why I don't care what it costs or how much fuel it likes to drink.. Worth every penny :yuck:

Yep, same here. Just back from a blast round the country roads. Spotted a nice white 370 with a female driver too ;)

I'm at home today if you fancy a drive over

Edited by steve916