New member hi

unreal

Hi all.

I've purchased a roadster (05, blue, GT pack and Rays) with the intention of doing a bit of fettling and then using it in the spring and summer. If I like it I'll keep it and if not I'll sell it while the sun is shining.

The car was a dealer part ex they ebayed so sold as a trade sale, was honestly described and was cheap. The things I need to fix - that I know of so far - are as follows:

Set of tyres. It will get MPSS as I'm a big fan of that tyre and although the Rays aren't badly kerbed, I'll probably get those refurbed before fitting.

Airbag light on. Reset not lasting. MOT till December so no panic. Usual fault code on driver's side.

The airbag light might have a link to the driver's seat back recline not working. I'll look at the switch first and go from there. It's stuck at a comfortable angle so again no rush.

There's a two inch tear/cut in the roof. I'm quite looking forward to trying to fix that. I certainly won't be fitting a new roof, not least because it's a summer toy I have no interest in driving with the roof up. As long as any repair provides enough protection for a shower, that'll do and the car will be garaged when not in use.

A few cosmetics such as a bit of seat recolouring, needs a new gearknob, some odd bits of trim. I'll spend a day giving everything a good clean and then I'll have a better idea.

I haven't driven the car enough to form a judgement about the state of the suspension and steering but no immediate concerns. I'm expecting to do the banana arm bushes.

There's no great history with the car but at the money I can't complain. I'll do whatever is necessary to get the car right and keep all the bills so the next owner will see what I've done. It was apparently just serviced and has a new clutch. No reason to doubt any of that but I'll be examining filters and plugs and changing anything that looks old. Same with fluids.

There are a few mods. I don't like the splitter so that will be going. New Japspeed cans on the back but not sure I can see the point of putting stock back on.

I've read through the forums and have picked up some good tips. Any more on sorting any of my jobs or recommendations for local parts places always welcome.

I'm near Littlehampton so may see some of you about.

Pete

Edited by unreal

The car was a dealer part ex they ebayed so sold as a trade sale, was honestly described and was cheap.

That's great, but unless you're a dealer too then it was NOT a trade sale, regardless of what they say. Your rights under the SOGA are unaffected by their 'trade sale' shenanigans. Y'know, just in case you do need to go back to them for anything.

Welcome along :)

The car was a dealer part ex they ebayed so sold as a trade sale, was honestly described and was cheap.

That's great, but unless you're a dealer too then it was NOT a trade sale, regardless of what they say. Your rights under the SOGA are unaffected by their 'trade sale' shenanigans. Y'know, just in case you do need to go back to them for anything.

Welcome along :)

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I know, but I consider myself a big boy (when it comes to buying cars) so to be honest I'd see it as a reflection on my intelligence if I went back for a whinge. Unless it was something I genuinely couldn't check for myself or they had lied! Fingers crossed!

Hi & welcome!

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

We offer a car insurance scheme for registered users on here so please feel free to ring us when you are due for renewal!

(Starts at age 21.)

With kind regards

Tim

0800 3308057 or 0333 4001580 by mobile.

www.prestigekeepmoving.com.

Hi & welcome!

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

We offer a car insurance scheme for registered users on here so please feel free to ring us when you are due for renewal!

(Starts at age 21.)

With kind regards

Tim

0800 3308057 or 0333 4001580 by mobile.

www.prestigekeepmoving.com.

Ugh, how long is this latest strategy going to last for since you dropped the whole 'lol' tactic?

• Like 1