Triple exit exhaust, anybody seen them on a Zed

Irn Bru

Got my Zed back from the paintshop today (got badly stone chipped the other week driving past a 20 tonner spewing its over loaded haul all over the car /s and road, anyway)....car is back to looking mint so gave her nice detailing inside and out. Whilst I was washing the back bumper and exhaust tips I got to thinking that because Ive got the CS rear on her (cheers Kris) and has a mesh grill bang in the middle of the muffler, what a nice mod it would be to get a third tip added to the middle, making the double tip into a tripple tip exhaust.

The cat back exhaust thats on it currently is an after market stainless steel job and I was thinking of doing a internal baffle delete (for better sound) anyway, but thought that getting a third tip added at the same time would look the dog danglies, especially if the centre tip was of a slightly larger apeture. My local custom exhaust shop would be able to do this no problem, they've done my V8 Jeep (single exit tip only) and their work is superb. Has anybody seen this / done this before on a Zed, or do members think it will look s#@te ??.

Ferrari were mocked for it on the 458, but just about managed to get away with it because of how bloody good the car is. On a 350Z, I have to say it's going to be right up there with the worst mods I've ever seen if you go through with it.

Unless it's a screamer pipe a la F40, there is no planet on which a triple exit exhaust works.

wait, so you mean keeping the standard exhaust tips in the same place, but then adding a third larger pipe in the middle where the mesh is? yes, that would look terrible.

however if you did a single exit exhaust through the middle (either 3 separate tips like the Ferrari F40, or one massive trapezoidal one, like a lambo aventador) and then modified the bumber so there was no evidence of the old exhaust cutouts, I think that would be ok.

Anyone fancy photoshopping the below image so we can see what it might look like with one big central exhaust, and none at the sides? or both?

2393157630_6136d94af7.jpg