Drug Driving New Laws from Next Month.

WhackyWill

So when can I drive if I smoked a joint? An hour, a day, a week or a month? I doutb anyone would think you would be a menace to anyone after the latter three, but I guess we arent going to find out until people start getting nicked.

What the problem with a roadside sobriety test is I dont know ......... but more than that, do the government realise that by introducing limits for illegal drugs they are implying that there is a "safe" and "legal" amount you can take? Is this the beginning of legalisation?

So when can I drive if I smoked a joint? An hour, a day, a week or a month? I doutb anyone would think you would be a menace to anyone after the latter three, but I guess we arent going to find out until people start getting nicked.

What the problem with a roadside sobriety test is I dont know ......... but more than that, do the government realise that by introducing limits for illegal drugs they are implying that there is a "safe" and "legal" amount you can take? Is this the beginning of legalisation?

more taxable items

do the government realise that by introducing limits for illegal drugs they are implying that there is a "safe" and "legal" amount you can take? Is this the beginning of legalisation?

Taking a drug or being under an influence of a drug has never been an offence.

more taxable items

I am not a drug user as such first off (smoker), barely even drink alcohol, making drugs legal makes a huge amount of sense to me, tax them to death imho, we all have to pay for the privilege of a gallon on fuel, pint of beer/glass of wine, pack of tabs, so why not make some money off drug users??

I wouldnt go out and start doing mdma, trips, coke etc just because its made legal, if your going to do drugs, the illegality makes no difference, probably makes it more exciting and "cool",

Tax em is what i say!!!!!

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

more taxable items

I am not a drug user as such first off (smoker), barely even drink alcohol, making drugs legal makes a huge amount of sense to me, tax them to death imho, we all have to pay for the privilege of a gallon on fuel, pint of beer/glass of wine, pack of tabs, so why not make some money off drug users??

I wouldnt go out and start doing mdma, trips, coke etc just because its made legal, if your going to do drugs, the illegality makes no difference, probably makes it more exciting and "cool",

Tax em is what i say!!!!!

Spot on.

Safer too as i am sure the government arent going to cut it up with all kinds of cr*p to make it go further ;)

Even in the days of raves (still abstaining) they were fantastic, no drunk idiots wanting to fight, everyone was in love on e's :) Never saw one spot of trouble, shame the same cant be said for coke, no worse than alcohol though :)

With the illegal drugs, I guess the simplest option is....

Just don't do them :lol:

What about all these so called "legal highs" then that some seem to be into now? :shrug:

You know the cr*p people can buy off the Internet claiming to give effects similar to "cannabis" or "Ecstasy" etc? :dry:

Are those even covered by the new laws? Guessing it should fall into the category of "driving under the influence" still.

Just to add, I am massively anti drugs, had to find a new bunch of mates as my childhood friends got into drugs and just walked away from the woman of my dreams because of some of the company she kept, but I still believe they should tax it, heavily!

What about all these so called "legal highs" then that some seem to be into now? :shrug:

You know the cr*p people can buy off the Internet claiming to give effects similar to "cannabis" or "Ecstasy" etc? :dry:

Are those even covered by the new laws? Guessing it should fall into the category of "driving under the influence" still.

Yeah, strange how these "legal highs" are allowed, they are so much more dangerous than cannabis, not going to say any other drugs. But cannabis is just a plant, that actually has health benefits and has had zero deaths. Yet its illegal :shrug:

Seems this new law isnt very black and white. As usual.

Drugs like cannabis/marijuana can be in your system for up to a month. If you were tested after 3 days for example it wouldn't leave a big trace and probably is too little to qualify a conviction. Cocaine on the other hand leaves traces taken from hair samples after a decade :scare:

Wasnt there a test a few years ago on 10 or 20 pound notes for traces of cocaine and the % was astronomically high, 8 out of 10 or something.

Yes the Bank of England did when they destroyed old notes they put them through a cocaine sniffer (I like that..!!)

I believe it was well over 50%. I'll try and find the article . :scare:

Found it .

UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1241775/Every-British-bank-note-contaminated-cocaine-weeks-entering-circulation.html

America.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/14/cocaine.traces.money/

Edited by WhackyWill

Drugs like cannabis/marijuana can be in your system for up to a month. If you were tested after 3 days for example it wouldn't leave a big trace and probably is too little to qualify a conviction. Cocaine on the other hand leaves traces taken from hair samples after a decade :scare:

Bald FTW! I knew it had to pay off eventually. Now just need to order some immac for my gooch... :lol:

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1