Seventy. Five. Inches.

Ekona

Well I've had three LED TVs ... 1st is still going - LG ... 2nd is dead and thrown away - Samsung ... third is LG - still perfect

Moral of my story ... BUY LG

Im kind of kicking myself to be honest. There was a 4k 55" LG on sale at christmas for £699, and i almost bought it but decided against it. That same TV is now up for £899. If it was still £699 i would have bought it today, but as i always have to know i'm getting a good deal, i went for the 'twice the price' Samsung. :dry:

It is all painted chap, but was plain MDF your right. Thought about adding the cornice around it, but the metal up the sides with be hidden then, and im not sure it would look right to be honest. Each to their own, and thanks for the comments, it took alot of man hours to make, as the TV is suspended on a home made mount, as i was not going to pay £300 for a cantilever one, and there is metal trim bend around the TV to finish the edge, and there is trim up the sides to finish them edges off too. The central speaker is mounted on a carbon fibre shelf, and recessed into the unit, so its level with the front 2 speakers. I personally like that the cornice and the skirting dont go around it, but like you said, each to their own.

Looks epic dude!

+1 ~ I like that set up. ;)

Sounds like a bargain matey, man maths at work again :D

Have you tried a curved screen before?

Man maths indeed!

Nope i've never had the pleasure of a curved screen before, other than in store today. I've never really seen the point of them before, but there was one i saw today which was amazing. Granted it was an OLED 4k, but they were demoing 'Interstellar' and the space scene i was watching just seemed that much more immersive on a curved screen.

Arrived at 9.30am this morning. All setup within 30 mins.

It's got voice control and a Wii style pointer remote which is cool.

Have to say im impressed with the curved screen - it gives real depth to the picture.

415D52AC-0AE0-4F56-8DED-3D2BF44E9CA3-4040-0000066A72E3C1F8_zpsc1ztrhxn.jpg

C313EF11-0F46-4E89-AF1D-B675A02F4482-4040-0000066A7999E6E0_zpst2j4mwux.jpg

DA320531-B9CC-4F4B-8A79-7E6CBE3660C2-4040-0000066A7E7AE0DE_zps4iqp2vh2.jpg

• Like 2

That's alot of house for the money !! Down my way you pay around 200-250'for a 2 bed flat !!

Yeah, where i live now this house would be in the £350-400k ballpark. Therefore i'm moving 20 minutes south to a bit of a naff town, but you get sooo much more for your money. We dont go out and arent having kids etc, so it doesnt really matter to us where we live.

Samsung... Voice activated... This is the one that was on the news a few weeks ago? It listens to EVERYTHING you ever say, does voice recognition and stores it all on the interweb in Samsung-land somewhere. Careful what you talk about in front of it! (Workaround = disconnect it from the internet)

Samsung... Voice activated... This is the one that was on the news a few weeks ago? It listens to EVERYTHING you ever say, does voice recognition and stores it all on the interweb in Samsung-land somewhere. Careful what you talk about in front of it! (Workaround = disconnect it from the internet)

Yeah thats the one. Doesnt bother me. Xbox One is connected and has a camera in the living room at all times. I've got nothing to hide. :lol::ninja:

O don't you have separate staff accommodation behind the guest house?

Bit like us though it's cramped while they redecorate the east wing but we can just about manage with the other 26 rooms for now.

I wish :lol:

5 bed houses ftw :thumbs:

No such thing as a TV too big for the room. I'd go bigger if budget allowed.

How do you manage with only 5 bedrooms?????

Well it's only me and my wife... and we're not having kids! 1x Bedroom for us, 1x spare room, 1x dressing room for her, 1x office, and 1x man cave. B)