redzed8 350z daily

redzed8

Hello ive been a member of the forum for a while now so thought id throw a project thread up and start getting involved a bit more.

Always wanted a 350z i bought a couple before but the deals always fell through so i turned to the world of bmw ..

two years later sold my bmw and found this beauty and couldnt resist so went to the guys house with cash and lucky for me he was moving to america so i had a real good bargaining tool seeing as he had to leave that week.

a deal was done and i picked the car up a week later :).

(Also gave me a machine polisher and a few other things and cleaning products and basicly said help myself to anything in the garage as it all has to go.)

The car the day i bought it.

4C2A70AE-EAEB-4657-A2F1-81B74DC53AF2_zpsga36wu5s.jpg

a quick stop at garage whifbitz to pick some parts up for a supra project me and a buddy are doing. Ignore the ka i bought it to sell.

E0A4D0C5-780D-42B7-A6C0-A2AA2817D521_zpsdc9fobt1.jpg

The car got washed the day after and beading happened .

12344BF6-43B0-46D2-9E62-E37F5A379E94_zpsitzoq2rk.jpg

The black sooty exhaust was annoying me so out came some fine sand paper and they looked much better.

5231B770-360A-47B6-A1AE-BB8659E7D9A2_zpsc2yutnyy.jpg

my knob was falling apart so i replaced it for a carbon fibre one. Also did an oil change the week later with a genuine oil filter.

Months went by without a problem then

Soon noticed the front bumper looked horrible and dull with small chips ect so i used some g3 type stuff and brought it back to new again :) or alot better then it was anyway.

9B0D6A1E-842E-4C48-BCA8-868346603757_zpsci3h1bve.jpg

Few weeks later my sister wanted an m3 like you do.. so out come the zed so we could pick it up

81FA7C77-A989-47A9-AADE-0BFE18489794_zpsmwsg3ptb.jpg

Fathers day came around and i guess i was a good boy and got a personal plate and lots of little cleaning things.

2014-09-29105936_zpsf88419ba.jpg

The engine bay was looking a bit dull so a carbon cooling plate was ordered up and new oil cap which is also alot easier to open .

20141211_142039_zps57ta0via.jpg

the old rear lights looked so dated so went on ebay.com emailed a nissan dealer and recieved these babies

20141225_221018_zpsikuaztcc.jpg

thought theyd need modifying to the wiring harness but they were straight plug and play which made me very happy and they only come to around £300 brand new :)!

20150106_144203_zps2tz8gqkp.jpg

Sorry about the filthy car in that pic i was too excited to fit the lights haha.

Heres a recent pic of it

20141219_150802_zpsdgzqrllc.jpg

Recently i also did the rocker covers and gaskets new spark plugs and a new vtc solenoid gasket today aswell .

Ive owned the car nearly a year now and love every minute of it .

thanks for looking .

• Like 5

I always wanted a red 350z and when i was looking i couldnt find a red one in my budget so by chance i changed my search details by 500 pounds and found this and paid alot less then the asking price at the time.

I didnt realise when i bought it the handles had been colour coded but i do think they look good :).

Thanks for the kind words people :D

Next on the list will be a few touch ups of the paint (whole front end) and 06+ headlights and hr bonnet.

Maybe a plenum spacer somewhere down the line too.

Thank for looking.

My front end is the same, needs a respray although I can't resist going for a new bumper while I'm at it :lol:

Getting the new style headlights is a great plan, will make the front end look much more up to date :)

Thanks everyone :D

ive just given it a wash and wax :)

SAM_0590_zps8ba6a396.jpg

It sure does need a small drop and i spect the suspension is getting a bit tired now too so il be on the hunt for some decent coilovers down the line maybe wheels and spacers too, but for now just get it show room condition then add to that.

thanks for looking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...