TopGear

Jetpilot

The drag race was a little weird. The gtr seemed to have the anchors dropped as the bmw ripped past.

James May stopped as he was just proving that the GTR was fastest off the line :)

I managed to work that out :lol:

I meant the actually drag race

+1 - any guru's care to explain? Would the M6 and Bently really beat the GTR?

The drag race was a little weird. The gtr seemed to have the anchors dropped as the bmw ripped past.

James May stopped as he was just proving that the GTR was fastest off the line :)

I get the feeling that wasnt over a 1/4 of a mile, so maybe over a longer distance the bigger engines just had more grunt, taller gearing perhaps?

Plus Its got a fair bit less torque could be a possibility.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

I get the feeling that wasnt over a 1/4 of a mile, so maybe over a longer distance the bigger engines just had more grunt, taller gearing perhaps?

Plus Its got a fair bit less torque could be a possibility.

think they said it was a 1.2 mile runway

hugely impressed with the build quality of all 3.

that's some tough testing probably not done before for those particular models.

no red dust making it's way into the gauges and all through the interiors which would be a given with that treatment in days gone by as well as not rattling themselves apart.

A spare hour and thought I would put the new show The Jump on. It lasted 8 mins and was presented with an overly excited, overly camp homosexual, TG will be positively superb after that 8 minutes.

What does the fact that the presenter is a homosexual have to do with it? I reported this post a few days back so refrained from saying something in the vein hope something would be said to you about it. Apparently not.

If you're such a bigoted homophobe that you can't watch a programme which features someone who's gay that's your issue, not the programmes. You don't need to bring it into the general forum for all to see. You could have quite frankly said "I watched the jump and it was crap"

• Like 1

A spare hour and thought I would put the new show The Jump on. It lasted 8 mins and was presented with an overly excited, overly camp homosexual, TG will be positively superb after that 8 minutes.

What does the fact that the presenter is a homosexual have to do with it? I reported this post a few days back so refrained from saying something in the vein hope something would be said to you about it. Apparently not.

If you're such a bigoted homophobe that you can't watch a programme which features someone who's gay that's your issue, not the programmes. You don't need to bring it into the general forum for all to see. You could have quite frankly said "I watched the jump and it was crap"

Meooow

Meooow

Awaits flaming :lol:

• Like 1

I'm going to have to choose my words very carefully here, so as not to offend anyone or give completely the wrong impression of myself and my opinions, but I think that's a tad harsh mate if I'm honest.

I don't have any issues with gay people: Granted, I don't have any friends any more who I know to be gay, but I have done in the past and have happily gigged at gay-only venues. Of course, that proves nothing, but it's the best I can do without saying "I'm not homophobic, but...". Regular people who just happen to be gay do not bother me in the slightest.

However, overly camp homosexual men annoy the hell out of me. They don't offend me, I don't want to go and beat them all up or denounce them or anything like that, I just find the whole camp persona to be immensely irritating. In the same way that I find overly butch hetero guys to be just as irritating ("Yeah boi, he was giving me evils so I smacked him in the face and downed another Carling!"), if I turn on a TV programme that featured either of those two stereotypes then I wouldn't watch it for that reason. For example, Graham Norton. Can't stand the bloke, hugely irritating. Danny Dyer. Nope, hate his silly accent and his geezah attitude. For Jetpilot to state that he didn't like the show because it was presented by an overly camp man isn't, for me, an example of a raging homophobe.

Now, Jetpilot may very well be a homophobe anyway, I don't know. However, I don't think the terms he used can specifically be classed as homophobic. That's probably a wider debate (indeed, one of my liberal-loving friends would state that only the people being offended can judge what's homophobic/racist or not), but I hope that's come across in the right way.

Someone brought up the use of the word gay in Big Gay Wing the other day too. I've always wondered why nobody really minds that on here, seeing as it's so common. I wonder if we have any gay members on here who could pass comment? I'd genuinely be interested to know.

But, when you comment on Danny Dyer you don't say 'Man, he's acts too straight for me, we get it you like fanny, give it a rest'.. So why go 'I couldn't stand the show because of the homosexual'?

There is no need to point out the guys sexuality as there are plenty of camp men that are straight, what does it have to do with anything?

If I was harsh, and have got the wrong end of the stick then I really do genuinely apologise. However, you may have made the point. If he'd said presented by an overly camp guy that would be fine. Saying by an overly camp homosexual takes it that bit further, like the bit that matters is the fact that he's gay. Again, if I've got it wrong Jetpilot, I'm sorry and please disregard what I've said and it won't happen again.

One final thing to add, is that I was under the impression that show was presented by Davina McCall, and she's neither gay OR male!

• Like 1

Many things do Steve, what's your point?

dan saying about the big gay wing being offensive well gay can mean a few things

saying something @*!# because it had a homosexual on it just points to one thing

im stick up for the term big gay wing :D

Edited by StevoD