Best air intake on a budget?

Cotton92

I wouldn't say it's an argument, more of two different camps.

Camp A = Wanting best performance at all costs, big dyno numbers mean big smiles.

Camp B = Wanting noise/looks etc without worrying about a loss of 1 or 2 horsepower.

I'm in camp B and have an apexi filter which I love :)

• Like 1

Camp A = Wanting best performance at all costs, big dyno numbers mean big smiles.

Camp B = Wanting noise/looks etc without worrying about a loss of 1 or 2 horsepower.

I'm in Camp C with all the women.
  • Like 1

I'm in Camp C with all the women.

As a warning of what to avoid right?! :lol:

• Like 1

Pretty sure the somewhat higher heat levels with an aftermarket filter along with the less 'funneled' air do mean loss of ponies but hell 2bhp on a 260bhp car...really isnt a biggie when you consider as other said it sounds better and it looks better when you pop open that bonnet than having that hideous bulky black plastic box in there.

I am biased, but I really think the Takeda is hard to beat in terms of noise, looks and price. It's a quality bit of kit and comes either matte black or polished.

Coldel will back me up on this and more than likely Ian or anyone who's owned a ARC.........

It may easily be beaten on price, but the sound of the ARC is legendary!!

More noise means more smiles imo :teeth: rather than a bit of paper saying I got an extra, lets say 6 horse powers. ;)

I am biased, but I really think the Takeda is hard to beat in terms of noise, looks and price. It's a quality bit of kit and comes either matte black or polished.

Coldel will back me up on this and more than likely Ian or anyone who's owned a ARC.........

It may easily be beaten on price, but the sound of the ARC is legendary!!

Consider yourself 100% backed up B)

• Like 1

The ARC is a thing of beauty, but realistically he isn't going to get one of those is he? Unless you haven't flogged yours yet? :p

Funny enough I sold it last week.

It wasn't even off the car, or even at the Zed Shed and it was snapped from under my nose!!

The ARC is a thing of beauty, but realistically he isn't going to get one of those is he? Unless you haven't flogged yours yet? :p

why not?

Still available to buy and a lot cheaper these days ;)

http://www.rhdjapan.com/arc-super-induction-box-z33-350z-vq35de.html

Not sure it's any cheaper Ian

Box 50k JPY = £292

RHD don't supply the intake pipe plus you've then got duties and delivery.