Nissan event day. July 2015. *SEE POST No.60 ON PAGE 3 FOR UPDATE*

AmyZed

Hey all,

This is a special post about a Nissan event day. I am very honoured to be getting involved with and attending. I have requested that I bring some of you along with me :D I can bring up to 30 of you if your Nissan is what they are looking for. Just want to highlight I will not be choosing the cars, they will, but I will be coordinating us and sending them your car photo.

I can not post more details up on here as they want this to remain a private event for Nissan, and not out on the public domain.

I will PM you all about it more if they select your car, then I will fill you in fully :) I appreciate without knowing a date or location is a pain! But if you are selected I can let you know very very soon- perhaps in a couple of weeks so you shouldn't be waiting to find out too long

So, if you fancy a special day out with Nissan in July and you have one of the following please PM me a photo of your car.

1) Modified Nissans

2) Track Nissans & very fast ones

3) Drifters

4) Datsuns

If you are selected I will send you an entry letter explaining all which will also be your ticket to get in.

I have already asked and a passenger is OK to bring along.

Just to mention again as it really is important - only members who are invited can come along. It is a private event not open to the public.

Also if you are selected please do not post up on here the details. I don't mind you saying you have been selected, but that is all.

I am very sorry to those of you who's Zeds don't match any of the four criteria above.

For any of you with a few modifications but you don't consider it like a full on show car - Please send me a PM with a photo of your car ! Even if you're assuming they won't pick yours, please do because it would be a shame not to ask- you never know! Also there is 30 spaces for this. So just to clarify modified may not have to mean really modified!! it just means not totally standard. I will be doing my best for all of you

Looking forward to getting your PMs and a photo of your car. If I don't reply for a few days don't worry it doesn't mean you haven't been successful, I am sometimes not able to come online every single day. Also Nissan may take a little while to choose (perhaps a week or two.)

Amy

• Like 10

Not sure I'd be welcome. It would be like turning up in a drag outfit only to find out a man is lurking underneath.

I can just see Nissan now fumbling to work out why my VQ looks so different to the rest :lol:

• Like 2

Would a model that Nissan modified themselves count?

Although I've improved their attempt, Nismo graphic kit (150 bhp added), GTR starter button (25 bhp added), Nismo oil cap (259 Nm torque gained), Z burger badges (coefficient of linear drag reduced to 0.0001) and a Stillen short shifter ( 0-62 reduced to 2.2 secs).

I did have Nismo dust caps which reduced weight by 27kg, but some scrotum fiddler stole them, I could replace if it makes a difference though? My Nismo gear knob more than makes up for this (30kg weight reduction)

Looking forward to be invited after I proof read my post, I'm a stick on ;)

On a lighter note, sounds like a fantastic opportunity for those invited which all sounds a bit James Bondish, being so secretive and with the rumour that Nissan are looking to enter F1, a few job opportunities.

No, seriously, great day in prospect. I've booked July off in anticipation :)

I haven't got a cut off date for entries.. but once they are happy with up to 30, I guess then that will be a done deal which could be within a couple of months as I have had loads of entries. I will update this once they say they have there 30 and they want to stick with that. However if for any reason anyone can not attend the date etc then I will ask them to choose a few more than 30 just incase and they can choose the back up options... guess thats better than a no.

Sorry to those of you who aren't successful but perhaps you can come as a passenger and still enjoy a fun day.

Oh wow what a unique opportunity, not sure when the deadline for photos is, but `i would love to attend with the 240z if I get it finished in time.

Fingers crossed she will be finished in time! I will put your name and plans with the car forward... once you let me know roughly what they are :lol:

• 2 weeks later...