Orlando advice

StevoD

You'll be dead doing all that in that order!

Seriously, take a day break between parks: Go do some shopping, go to the beach, do something that doesn't involve you standing on your feet all day. You might have to sacrifice a park or two, but you'll have a much more enjoyable holiday.

It won't be that hot then it'll be pleasant. Try going in August with the humidity, that's much worse! :lol:

We did August and it was the most painful experience.

Even leaving the villa to get into the vehicle was a dash and run to the driveway. One had to get in the vehicle, get it running, AC ON! Then dash back to the Villa to cool down again.

It was truly mental. They say that once the thunder comes, it rains for 3 minutes and dries up the humidity is reduced. That's a load of Bull, it didn't make any difference what so ever.

You'll be dead doing all that in that order!

Seriously, take a day break between parks: Go do some shopping, go to the beach, do something that doesn't involve you standing on your feet all day. You might have to sacrifice a park or two, but you'll have a much more enjoyable holiday.

It won't be that hot then it'll be pleasant. Try going in August with the humidity, that's much worse! :lol:

We did August and it was the most painful experience.

Even leaving the villa to get into the vehicle was a dash and run to the driveway. One had to get in the vehicle, get it running, AC ON! Then dash back to the Villa to cool down again.

It was truly mental. They say that once the thunder comes, it rains for 3 minutes and dries up the humidity is reduced. That's a load of Bull, it didn't make any difference what so ever.

Sounds like nigeria then

• Like 1

ok understood give me what you would do on them days people Formula drift cant be changed tho :lol:

Try this:

W 3rd - arrive get car etc

T 4th - Islands of Adventure

F 5th - Universal Studios

S 6th - Formula Drift

S 7th - Seaworld

M 8th - Busch Gardens

T 9th - Day out to Clearwaters Beach

W 10th - NASA

T 11th - Shopping

F 12th - Hollywood studios

S 13th - Fly home in evening

I've ditched Epcot as otherwise it's all bit too much, do some shopping instead (cheap as chips out there mate for clothes). You can take the day at your own pace, then. If your Mum is that keen on Disney, ditch Hollywood Studios and do the Magic Kingdom as it's much more 'special', if you see what I mean.

• Like 1

June is the rainy season, when it rains, it RAINS!! Inches in minutes, the roads get really treacherous and your car's wipers won't cope in some downpours. Then it gets back to 100 deg f in no time, dries up and you wonder what just happened. Spectacular electrical storms to go with it as well.

On one flight, our jumbo had 4 attempts at landing at Orlando International, that was a bit......not nice. If you can, use Orlando International for your flights.

• Like 1

Tip for Holywood Studios, eat at the Brown Derby Restaurant late in the day, and this gives you priority access to the evening show. Saves queuing - sorry, waiting in line......

Huge queues, and the auditorium can only accommodate about one third of the park guests.

You do not have to be staying at a WDW hotel either.

June is the rainy season, when it rains, it RAINS!! Inches in minutes, the roads get really treacherous and your car's wipers won't cope in some downpours. Then it gets back to 100 deg f in no time, dries up and you wonder what just happened. Spectacular electrical storms to go with it as well.

On one flight, our jumbo had 4 attempts at landing at Orlando International, that was a bit......not nice. If you can, use Orlando International for your flights.

Yaa sounds very much like nigeria in its wet season haha

Yeah they renamed it the other year.

Transformers ride beats spiderman any day :D

THIS

Transformers is utterly incredible, but don't read up on it before you go: Makes it more exciting! :D

i need to read up to find which park its in haha

Yeah they renamed it the other year.

Transformers ride beats spiderman any day :D

THIS

Transformers is utterly incredible, but don't read up on it before you go: Makes it more exciting! :D

I feel they were both very similar and Transformers wasnt much of an improvement.

Its a bit old school but I really like the mummy ride if your at the front. ET is shocking and needs to be knocked down.

dont forget to add tips / service to your money planning, they are huge on tipping in the staes and not leaving one is really bad form and i have seen people followed out of restaurants by staff to ask why no tip... also 10% is pretty stingy in their eyes so work on 15% as a tip so if your meal is 100 bucks its gonna cost you 115... it soon adds up!

• Like 2

I have been loads of times and it is one of my fav holiday destinations. Haven't read all the thread but my golden nugget piece of advice is if you are entering a theme park when it opens of a day. Head straight to the furthest point and work back to front. Everyone else will be jumping on the first ride they can get to so the front half of the park will be rammed and you can calmly nail the rides at the furthest point...Have fun, its an awesome place..

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

There is a website dedicated to orlando holidays. Has so much info on there. Www.thedibb.co.uk (it's full of moany women tho but has loads of info)

Outback steak house is awesome. Make sure you get the bloomin onion.

Sea world is garbage now. It's like Thorpe park but with whales. It's gone down hill massively in the last couple of years.

Disney have a lot of building works going on. Especially down town disney and animal kingdom.

And I'm sorry I'm a 29 year old, tattoo covered dude, but you have to see magic kingdom if you can.

Oh and if you plan on eating at any disney restaurants you almost have to make a reservation. Reservations start at 180 days before you leave. There are some restaurants that you will struggle getting into if you haven't booked at 180 days.

Same applies to fastpasses in the disney parks. These can be booked 60 days in advance of your holiday if your staying in disney or 30 days if your not.

Any others questions pm me. I'm a bit of a geek with orlando and the theme parks. F

Truth is that every one likes different things in Orlando, and there's no right or wrong thing to do.

It's June, it's warm, it's going to be busy regardless of what you do. Just make time to relax a bit else you really won't enjoy anything, and you'll come back needing a holiday!

• Like 3

I went in June last year, it was great fun.

It rains pretty much every day for an hour or so around 4pm, good advice would be to wait this out as the parks empty afterwards.

Other important thing is to make sure you get to the Parks early, you'll get as much done in the first hour as you would in the following four. Avoid Wet 'N Wild, it's so dated! Aquatica and the Disney parks are better for that kind of thing. Generally Disney parks feel less like uk theme parks than Universal IMO.

As mentioned above I found this forum really helpful planning our trip: http://www.thedibb.co.uk/

If you are up for an eating challenge try the 'Kitchen Sink': http://www.tripadvis...do_Florida.html Also the Cheesecake Factory is an awesome chain of resturants, there is one a 15min drive away from parks.

Edited by euphio

And I'm sorry I'm a 29 year old, tattoo covered dude, but you have to see magic kingdom if you can.

This. I just went to see the Castle but turned out to be one of the best days by far. Bought back a lot of fond childhood memories.

• Like 1

Universal ;)

yeah transformers ride is in Universal studios, just outside the ride you can get your photo took with some autobots :blush:

you must also go to "springfield" to Moes for a pint of Duff while your in there :teeth:

we had 21 nights in may, none stop theme parks :teeth::D:yahoo: usually from when they open to almost shutting time :blush:

• Like 1