Suggestions for more mods please

Irn Bru

As some of yous know I bought Hensh65's Zed. Im thinking of doing some further mods to the body and some engine dress up stuff before I start going for the performance mods............ so being a Zed newbie I dont want to mess up, what I regard as a well stunning job Kris done while he owned it.

I was thinking of getting the bonnet wrapped black to tie in with the roof, window tints rear spoiler etc.........will this work ??

As far as engine dressing goes was looking at orange silicon coloured hoses, plenum, engine cover and maybe a few other bits of engine bay plastics removed and sprayed ( i will be taking them to spray shop to get done as I would make an ass of it).

Who can supply the coloured hoses Im looking for and is a polished plenum better looking than sprayed ?.

Anyone with any other ideas feel free to throw them into the pot, thanks

Most of the traders will be able to supply hose kits, Tarmc etc

Unless you want to keep maintaining a polished plenum, i.e tlc to keep it looking good, i wouldnt go down the polished route. I went oem style look of wrinkle finish, its in my build thread for photos :) Not as blingy as polished but the last thing i want to do is maintain a polished look under the bonnet.

Personally i dont like the two tone look, but if you like it, go for it and wrap is probably the best answer as you mention as it can always be removed at some stage if you/next owner wants.

Edited by Jetpilot

IMHO. Zeds look better if mods are kept subtle.Two tone doesn,t work for me. A decent set of rims and lowered springs set the stance more aggressive. Beyond that,Polish it to death and you have a very classy,understated car.

Add on body kits,gaudy stick on graphics,raspy exhaust etc. the car belongs on the local supermarket car park with the boy racers.

But then,I,m an elderly geezer with this my fifth Zed.

ZEDLOWEREDSEPT2014008.jpg

• Like 4

IMHO. Zeds look better if mods are kept subtle.Two tone doesn,t work for me. A decent set of rims and lowered springs set the stance more aggressive. Beyond that,Polish it to death and you have a very classy,understated car.

Add on body kits,gaudy stick on graphics,raspy exhaust etc. the car belongs on the local supermarket car park with the boy racers.

But then,I,m an elderly geezer with this my fifth Zed.

ZEDLOWEREDSEPT2014008.jpg

Although your zed is stunning, it would look indefinitely better with even a simple Mines front lip and Tarmac side diffusers :D

Personally I would leave performance mods unless going FI, as for the car looks, just do what feels right, if you fancy a bonnet wrap go for it as like most things it can be removed if you don't like it. As for mrt comments, he obviously doesn't know the car =) lol

Was thinking nos but Kris and Neilp advised against it. I will get remap, plenum spacer, airbox 06 kit from flyboy, but will not look to go FI route too bloody expensive and i'll be happy at that as far as performance goes, unless some other members persuade me that nos will not give problems.

I had looked at nos-ing my V8 hemi Jeep and spoke to a highly rated tuning shop in Edinburgh, so might go back and speak to him about nosing the Zed.

Each to their own for example allot of the guys do tasteful jobs of lowering new alloys and the like but me personally All my money goes into taking the car back to factory condition, I.e bumper re-sprays and leather seat restoring. The car itself with the Rays alloys looks incredible and i feel aftermarket alloys look like they have come off a different car.

Take your point Kyle R but the front lip add on looks just that..an add on. If I went down that route I would go for a new bumper.

There,s also loads of speed bumps around here so a front lip would cause problems.

Oh Iron Bru...wasn't, meaning to hijack your thread...just a reply in MHO. Re the NOS...I had a system fitted to my Mitsubishi 3000 GTO TT a few years ago. I was told to upgrade the Engine to forged Pistons ,crankshaft etc. I didn,t and all was fine until I sold it. The new owner blew the engine after a week !!!

On a new note...saw the new BMW hybrid at the Autosport show last weekend... Most stunning car I,ve ever seen. Got to have one !

In answer to Irn Bru's question. Here's mine with the Mines lip and Tarmac steps (wrapped) before the ARK Grip and chargespeed hack.

Myz044_zps149804c1.jpg

Myz046_zps6e2ce72d.jpg

Myz040_zps945a5390.jpg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A2Zed.I customised my car to have it looking how it is today. I have the chargespeed rear bumper, ARK Grip exhaust, Tarmac side steps, mines copy lip and Rota GTR's rims (19s) along with lots of other stuff. That's the fun of modding, you can personalise your car with a bit of careful thought and planning, and of course lots of cash...

Looks mint Payco, mines has the same rear bumper and has the amuse 370 front end as modded by Hensh65. I'm really happy with the mods Kris done with bumpers and side skirts, nothing needing added there, but still mulling over the bonnet wrap to tie in with roof and rear spoiler. Tried loading some pics up but they are to big in megs ������

Edited by Irn Bru