Is the standard exhaust worth keeping?

JoshC

If you've got a good safe place to store it (like a garage) then I'd hold onto it so that when you decide to part with your Zed should the time come you can go back to the standard system & re-sell the custom exhaust which will be worth more secondhand than the standard one.

Plus the custom exhaust will unlikely add any value whatsoever to buyers if you're selling your Zed so best to sell separately. :thumbs:

Okay cheers both! I have some space to keep it but don't think it'll fit in my car! :( So if I can get someone to pick it up or me I might do but probably not bothered if I can't then!

It will fit in ;)

But use an old quilt or blanket to wrap it in, you don't want scratches

• Like 1

If you've got a good safe place to store it (like a garage) then I'd hold onto it so that when you decide to part with your Zed should the time come you can go back to the standard system & re-sell the custom exhaust which will be worth more secondhand than the standard one.

Plus the custom exhaust will unlikely add any value whatsoever to buyers if you're selling your Zed so best to sell separately. :thumbs:

What he said.

What he said.

I think I'm just gonna let them bin it for me, too much hassle to pick it up and then annoy my parents by asking them to keep it in thier shed! :dry:

Depending on its condition id sell the original exhaust off. They are prone to snapping in front of the back box and so someone with a broken one might be interested in buying it.

Saying that, ive still got the 20k old exhaust off my HR Roadster sitting in my garage and I keep tripping over it. doh.

EDIT: As a side note, when i sold my roadster, the first thing the new owner did was to have the aftermarket exhaust taken off and paid for a new standard one to be fitted.

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 1

Bin it, I kept mine off the 370 and now I can't even give it away. I kept it thinking that when I sell I'd swap it back but I've now had it 4 years and no plans to sell the Zed soon so want rid.

• 3 weeks later...