370z NISMO exhaust too quiet...

Louise

Afternoon,

I was a little disappointed with the sound of my Nismo when I picked it up in October, I expected a sexier noise.

Can anyone recommend an alternative that goes with the cars style and sounds decent? At the end of the day, I don't want it to sounds like a saxo flying down the road, I want it to sound like a performance car.

Also where I can get it fitted?

Get rid of the nismo. Mine is currently sat in the loft. I have a stillen which is nice and may be up for sale in 2-3 weeks as I want to go LOUD. stillen is really nice and makes the nismo sound like it should from stock. Where are you located?

I will have a cobra System for sale - Y pipe, Centre and rear. It will be used on our 370z Nismo at the Autosport show next month. Il be there is anyone wants to meet.

Its there for demonstartion then Il be driving it home, taking it off and selling it. Brand new direct from Cobra, through cougar stores.

Dad owns the 370 and i have the 350 but the old man doesnt appreciate the louder sportier noise so wants it off after the show.

Yours if you want it. PM me.

Edited by gumpy000

Thanks for all the replies.

I am based in south of Essex. I decided enough is enough when someone compared the noise to a smart car :dry:

What are the differences between a Cobra, ark and stillen systems? I'll be honest, I know nothing about exhausts. *everyone sighs*

Afternoon,

I was a little disappointed with the sound of my Nismo when I picked it up in October, I expected a sexier noise.

Can anyone recommend an alternative that goes with the cars style and sounds decent? At the end of the day, I don't want it to sounds like a saxo flying down the road, I want it to sound like a performance car.

Also where I can get it fitted?

Hi Louise. You're in the same boat I found myself in. You might find my previous thread on the subject worth a read.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83723-my-nismo-given-the-cobra-and-stillen-treatment/

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies.

I am based in south of Essex. I decided enough is enough when someone compared the noise to a smart car :dry:

What are the differences between a Cobra, ark and stillen systems? I'll be honest, I know nothing about exhausts. *everyone sighs*

Have a look on youtube, it doesn’t quite do them justice you you`ll get the idea, I`ve also gone with the Cobra, idling sounds very nice, but when you rev sounds great.. :teeth:

• Like 2

Can the exhaust not be modified?

Some e92 m3 drivers say modified standard exhausts sound better than a Akrapovic.

I once modified the exhaust back box on a 98 Mondeo ST24 V6 that I owned. I cut open the top of the back box and folded the metal back ~ then removed all the baffling & metal from inside which greatly increased the noise level. Then I welded it up and refitted it. ;)

Wasn't done for performance though more so as necessity because the baffles had rusted through inside the back box. :dry::lol:

Edit: Cool story bro I know. :D

Edited by GMballistic

My stillen is rather loud with the decats now

HFCs have had a similar effect for me, although it's still civilised when just cruising along. Quite noisy on cold start, nice growl when you put your put down a bit and really good on the downshifts :)

My stillen is rather loud with the decats now

HFCs have had a similar effect for me, although it's still civilised when just cruising along. Quite noisy on cold start, nice growl when you put your put down a bit and really good on the downshifts :)

Yeah on a cold start its nice and loud.. Is defo loud when putting your foot down but you can still cruise along..

Seems decats and hfc are pretty similar

• Like 1

• 1 month later...