The Torque Monster - My New 335D

Svothe

Grundy

Posted Today, 22:29

"It's rule number one on the internet, don't brag about your dick"

Yeah! Because it only gets blown...out of proportion

Or just snap chat a pic of it to all of your male mates for a laugh. Isn't that right Stevo?!

Grundy

Or just snap chat a pic of it to all of your male mates for a laugh. Isn't that right Stevo?!

I need add Steve on snapchat, I need to get involved

#teamtarmac

Grundy

I need add Steve on snapchat, I need to get involved

#teamtarmac

WOAH stop that train now

It's not me sending them is it MD

• Like 1

I heard Mr tran is still waitin on Sr20 engines for his civics

Yeah, but they just in the other warehouse.

But the real killer is the MoTec exhaust

Yea but what really he needs is Nos the big ones in fact make it two

But only if he fills them up enough to blow himself up

**** sakes, I'm now going to have to go and rewatch the original movie to get quotes. You bastards I had work to do tonight.

• Like 2

**** sakes, I'm now going to have to go and rewatch the original movie to get quotes. You bastards I had work to do tonight.

There we go the banter bus just arrived

MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Is you windscreen being hit by them pesky manifold washers

Straight lines are for fast cars

circuits are for fast drivers

Correct in most instances but what about pro drag racing? They are unbelievably skilled, it's not a case of just putting your foot down. Anyone they thinks so is clueless.

It is a good point, you need fast cars for straight lines, but it gets to a point where you need a very good driver to drive fast in a straight line! Hammond+Drag Car= ....

• Like 1

Straight lines are for fast cars

circuits are for fast drivers

Correct in most instances but what about pro drag racing? They are unbelievably skilled, it's not a case of just putting your foot down. Anyone they thinks so is clueless.

It is a good point, you need fast cars for straight lines, but it gets to a point where you need a very good driver to drive fast in a straight line! Hammond+Drag Car= ....

Just lighting a candle right?! :lol::p

Awww, I missed all the fun :(

I guess the biggest point I'd make is that I don't care how fast a diesel is in a straight line, or round a corner, or whatever: It's still a diesel, and thus makes a horrible noise and revs to about 27rpm. Much in the way I'd rather have a slower RWD car than a fast FWD one, I'd rather have a slow petrol car than a fast diesel.

And saying all that, I'd quite fancy a nice diesel barge like that for motorway commuting. Must be quite epic with all that torque!

• Like 1

Awww, I missed all the fun :(

I guess the biggest point I'd make is that I don't care how fast a diesel is in a straight line, or round a corner, or whatever: It's still a diesel, and thus makes a horrible noise and revs to about 27rpm. Much in the way I'd rather have a slower RWD car than a fast FWD one, I'd rather have a slow petrol car than a fast diesel.

And saying all that, I'd quite fancy a nice diesel barge like that for motorway commuting. Must be quite epic with all that torque!

This hurt my feelings :lol: Poor diesel.

What about 4wd diesel!

Looks blummin' lovely to me, I like it a lot! I am coming round to the ways of BMW 3-er coupes - got an E46 coupe and it looks great, and the E92 coupes look awesome as well. The E90 saloon however is a completely different (boring as sin) repmobile.

And while I don't normally go for diesels, I can certainly see the appeal of lots of torque - would make a great long distance cruiser with so much performance on tap from low rpm. Decided now that my next car isn't going to be an E46 M3, or a 645ci, but a E92 335i with a remap!

Svothe wrote:

Being a St Neots fellow I imagine you have had yourself a few enjoyable runs down that wonderful stretch of tarmac between St Neots and Higham Ferrers called the B645? I am convinced there is not a better piece of driving/biking road in the south east of england.

You're not wrong there!! I've had many enjoyable runs all the way upto the giddy heights of 115......Kmh :teeth:

Seriously if you ever fancy a spirited drive out (driving to your own abilities only no real silly buggary) then give me a shout. Theres a little group of us in reasonably 'performancey' cars (scoobies, focus RSs, STs, VXRs, 335is, m3s etc..) who like to go for a nice country drive every now and again round those parts. More than happy to have someone else tag along if they fancy it. B645 and B660 are group favourites I think :)

And if you do enjoy the B645 please slow down for the 90 degree bend right near the water tower as you approach (or leave) Hargrave, as the idiot farmer who lives there seems to take great delight in spreading the road full of mud every day making it as slippery as hell. I drive that road twice a day every day on my daily commute and ive lost track of the number of cars ive seen in the ditches there. Other than that, in summer its a cracking route, especially when im out on my motorbikes, but the police also know that, so frequently sit in the B660, the B645 and the B661 out to Grafham. In summer you can literally guarantee if its a nice sunny Sunday the police mobile trap will be parked up on one or more of those roads. They have also for some unknown reason just dropped the speed limit in Tilbrook from 40 down to 30 which can catch you out.

The 335d is a nice car. When I sold my zed it was a toss up between the 335d coupe and the 123d coupe. I went for the 123d coupe. Im just debating atm whether to get it remapped as you can get it up to over 300bhp & over 400ft/lb. Not bad for a 2litre.

• Like 1