The Torque Monster - My New 335D

Svothe

I heard Mr tran is still waitin on Sr20 engines for his civics

Yeah, but they just in the other warehouse.

But the real killer is the MoTec exhaust

Yea but what really he needs is Nos the big ones in fact make it two

But only if he fills them up enough to blow himself up

**** sakes, I'm now going to have to go and rewatch the original movie to get quotes. You bastards I had work to do tonight.

There we go the banter bus just arrived

MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Is you windscreen being hit by them pesky manifold washers

Watch out for your floor pan if you use that NOS...

I heard Mr tran is still waitin on Sr20 engines for his civics

Yeah, but they just in the other warehouse.

But the real killer is the MoTec exhaust

Yea but what really he needs is Nos the big ones in fact make it two

But only if he fills them up enough to blow himself up

**** sakes, I'm now going to have to go and rewatch the original movie to get quotes. You bastards I had work to do tonight.

There we go the banter bus just arrived

MONICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Is you windscreen being hit by them pesky manifold washers

Watch out for your floor pan if you use that NOS...

But only after you tell the engine management to

"Shut up! SHUT UP!!!"

Svothe wrote:

Being a St Neots fellow I imagine you have had yourself a few enjoyable runs down that wonderful stretch of tarmac between St Neots and Higham Ferrers called the B645? I am convinced there is not a better piece of driving/biking road in the south east of england.

You're not wrong there!! I've had many enjoyable runs all the way upto the giddy heights of 115......Kmh :teeth:

Seriously if you ever fancy a spirited drive out (driving to your own abilities only no real silly buggary) then give me a shout. Theres a little group of us in reasonably 'performancey' cars (scoobies, focus RSs, STs, VXRs, 335is, m3s etc..) who like to go for a nice country drive every now and again round those parts. More than happy to have someone else tag along if they fancy it. B645 and B660 are group favourites I think :)

And if you do enjoy the B645 please slow down for the 90 degree bend right near the water tower as you approach (or leave) Hargrave, as the idiot farmer who lives there seems to take great delight in spreading the road full of mud every day making it as slippery as hell. I drive that road twice a day every day on my daily commute and ive lost track of the number of cars ive seen in the ditches there. Other than that, in summer its a cracking route, especially when im out on my motorbikes, but the police also know that, so frequently sit in the B660, the B645 and the B661 out to Grafham. In summer you can literally guarantee if its a nice sunny Sunday the police mobile trap will be parked up on one or more of those roads. They have also for some unknown reason just dropped the speed limit in Tilbrook from 40 down to 30 which can catch you out.

The 335d is a nice car. When I sold my zed it was a toss up between the 335d coupe and the 123d coupe. I went for the 123d coupe. Im just debating atm whether to get it remapped as you can get it up to over 300bhp & over 400ft/lb. Not bad for a 2litre.

Yep, I'm a biker too and have most certainly noticed the 3 inches of filth regular strewn across the road there. In fact I think I've got a GoPro video of a biker infront of me launching his Hornet into the grass on that same corner in the mud and dirt. I live on the B660 and commute down it daily to work so know all about the police presence come summer. 2 Years commuting on a motorbike must admit I had a few close calls with the man in the hi-vis car. Again that Grafham road, ooft what a stunner. Coming round the corner to see that long winding bend past the dam and your just itching to give it a hand full of throttle and my only honest advice is don't debate just do it. I've had my last few diesel motors mapped and absolutely cannot recommend it enough. It's like driving another car. If your looking for someone to do it around this sort of area have a look at Motech Performance. (http://www.motechperformance.co.uk/) he's done all my cars up until this last one and I'll even be taking the 335d there later this year for the dpf delete, egr removal and then remap upto 380bhp.

Looks blummin' lovely to me, I like it a lot! I am coming round to the ways of BMW 3-er coupes - got an E46 coupe and it looks great, and the E92 coupes look awesome as well. The E90 saloon however is a completely different (boring as sin) repmobile.

And while I don't normally go for diesels, I can certainly see the appeal of lots of torque - would make a great long distance cruiser with so much performance on tap from low rpm. Decided now that my next car isn't going to be an E46 M3, or a 645ci, but a E92 335i with a remap!

Yeah I'm with you on this one the e90 does absolutely nothing for me. Just looks like an old mans car, Coupe and convertible though both look slicker than slick. The torque makes for interesting every day driving, you put your foot down at any point and the surge forward is immediate, with the both turbo's going there is virtually no lag just lots of pull forward. Pulls from about 1k revs all the way to the red line at 5k very easily. The strange thing about the 335d is that it revs really freely (much more similar to a petrol engine than any other diesel motor I've driven) and the acceleration is ridonculous, put your foot down at 80 and it feels like yours till in first gear. (

) just goes and goes and goes.

Now those 335is, wow there is not a great deal like them on the roads. Seen a few down at Santa Pod absolutely demolish cars that should normally leave it in a cloud of smoke, even the ones just running JB4 are putting down scary amounts of power. Would definitely love one if I could afford to take it to work every day xD

Oh and jesus wept, someone has one runnign 515bhp and 855nm on youtube,

Edited by Svothe

As much as I appreciate the numbers, BMWs are just not cars I would look back at once I park up, get out, lock and walk away...

I suppose its just a question of taste, I have to park it outside my window at work so I can gaze lovingly at it all day xD

Yep, I'm a biker too and have most certainly noticed the 3 inches of filth regular strewn across the road there. In fact I think I've got a GoPro video of a biker infront of me launching his Hornet into the grass on that same corner in the mud and dirt. I live on the B660 and commute down it daily to work so know all about the police presence come summer. 2 Years commuting on a motorbike must admit I had a few close calls with the man in the hi-vis car. Again that Grafham road, ooft what a stunner. Coming round the corner to see that long winding bend past the dam and your just itching to give it a hand full of throttle and my only honest advice is don't debate just do it.

Lol, that long bend your are talking about near the dam, i came out of the village there on my Ducati 996 earlier in the year and was about to nail it only to spot a cop car reversing behind a hedge up ahead. Was just pure luck. Had I been 5mins later or on my Yamaha R1 I would have easily been wringing its neck by that point. Got some great gopro footage of the cops watching me poodle by waving at them as they set up their speed camera.

The same day, about 40mins later I was coming out of Old Weston on the B660, turned left still on the B660 and again (as you`ll know) its a long fast bit of road which goes up & over the a14 to Catworth, and wouldnt you know it another cop had reversed in a field entrance and for some reason was training his gun on a tree in the field. He heard the open race pipes on my 996 and swung around like Tiger Woods tee`ing off to try and focus the gun on me. Luckily for me (kind of I guess) minutes earlier, the clutch on my 996 had decided to blow up so I wasnt far off the speed limit as I past him with bits of clutch hanging out the side of my engine. He looked very confused as to why I wasnt speeding. Still, I made it the 15 mile or so home without any clutch.

Will have to give motech a bell as Earls Barton is only just down the road. The only problem I had was that my cars a late 2011 and BMW properly encoded all the ECU`s on them & later ones so when I enquired last year only a few tuners could decode & map them.

Awww, I missed all the fun :(

I guess the biggest point I'd make is that I don't care how fast a diesel is in a straight line, or round a corner, or whatever: It's still a diesel, and thus makes a horrible noise and revs to about 27rpm. Much in the way I'd rather have a slower RWD car than a fast FWD one, I'd rather have a slow petrol car than a fast diesel.

And saying all that, I'd quite fancy a nice diesel barge like that for motorway commuting. Must be quite epic with all that torque!

100% agree! My commuting days are numbered, 40 days and counting :)

The diesel has been great for commuting, but cannot wait to get away from that idle rattle. Though I do confess is has been very economical.

Yep, I'm a biker too and have most certainly noticed the 3 inches of filth regular strewn across the road there. In fact I think I've got a GoPro video of a biker infront of me launching his Hornet into the grass on that same corner in the mud and dirt. I live on the B660 and commute down it daily to work so know all about the police presence come summer. 2 Years commuting on a motorbike must admit I had a few close calls with the man in the hi-vis car. Again that Grafham road, ooft what a stunner. Coming round the corner to see that long winding bend past the dam and your just itching to give it a hand full of throttle and my only honest advice is don't debate just do it.

Lol, that long bend your are talking about near the dam, i came out of the village there on my Ducati 996 earlier in the year and was about to nail it only to spot a cop car reversing behind a hedge up ahead. Was just pure luck. Had I been 5mins later or on my Yamaha R1 I would have easily been wringing its neck by that point. Got some great gopro footage of the cops watching me poodle by waving at them as they set up their speed camera.

The same day, about 40mins later I was coming out of Old Weston on the B660, turned left still on the B660 and again (as you`ll know) its a long fast bit of road which goes up & over the a14 to Catworth, and wouldnt you know it another cop had reversed in a field entrance and for some reason was training his gun on a tree in the field. He heard the open race pipes on my 996 and swung around like Tiger Woods tee`ing off to try and focus the gun on me. Luckily for me (kind of I guess) minutes earlier, the clutch on my 996 had decided to blow up so I wasnt far off the speed limit as I past him with bits of clutch hanging out the side of my engine. He looked very confused as to why I wasnt speeding. Still, I made it the 15 mile or so home without any clutch.

Will have to give motech a bell as Earls Barton is only just down the road. The only problem I had was that my cars a late 2011 and BMW properly encoded all the ECU`s on them & later ones so when I enquired last year only a few tuners could decode & map them.

That top end of the B660 from Kimbolton up through catworth and that way is stunning, don't ride it as often as the part from Kimbolton to Bedford but its still a fantastically technical piece of road. Real good for those 'Lets just go for a ride/drive' times. I like to ride from my house all the way up the B660 to Oundle, stop at the tea rooms on the corner then pootle back, nail it down the B645 to Higham Ferrers, Down the A6 into town then back down the B660 to my house again. Wicked little loop :D Give the guy a call, he definitely knows what he is doing and always worth just asking to have a look. Say Harry with the A3/335D sent you and maybe he'll knock some off. My first map with him was £320 with a free pipercross filter thrown in he's quoted me £260 for my one on the 335d as he said I'm a repeat customer. Real gent.