Arrggghhhhh, car choices

Flex

I think The father-in-law was saying you can buy them online and get them downloaded onto the ecu. I did this with my MK4 golf TDI which made a considerable difference. Colour preference?

Not black, zed's black and only looks clean once washed, mrs wants white, but that's just as bad. The one I test drover was a metalic royal blue ish, I really liked it, Mrs said was an old man's colour. Well I am nearly 40!

I think The father-in-law was saying you can buy them online and get them downloaded onto the ecu. I did this with my MK4 golf TDI which made a considerable difference. Colour preference?

Not black, zed's black and only looks clean once washed, mrs wants white, but that's just as bad. The one I test drover was a metalic royal blue ish, I really liked it, Mrs said was an old man's colour. Well I am nearly 40!

I remember when I could say I'm nearly 40 lol, it won't be that long before I'm saying I'm nearly 50 😢

Not to worry though I aim to be driving 300 bhp + jap cars when I'm 80 😃

• Like 1

A 123d urinates all over a Scirocco in every respect IMO, although I cant speak for the back seats. A 135i does all of that but faster ;)

If fuel isnt an issue then Id be looking at BMW M cars, Audi S cars and AMG Mercs, they are bloody difficult to beat for 4 seat performance.

A 123d urinates all over a Scirocco in every respect IMO, although I cant speak for the back seats. A 135i does all of that but faster ;)

If fuel isnt an issue then Id be looking at BMW M cars, Audi S cars and AMG Mercs, they are bloody difficult to beat for 4 seat performance.

I ddnt want RWD just so I'm covered for bad weather.

BMW etc all a little bit too pricey really.

Fuel is importantish and the scirrocco was just a little bit different to everything else really.

Sorry, Im not sure I heard that right, you dont want RWD in case of bad weather? :lol:

RWD on anything other than a Zed in bad weather isnt much different from FWD realistically - my 328i is much better in snow better than my brothers Focus ST for instance. Put winter tyres on the back and youll have no problem at all.

£15K will buy a 2011 123d, it will see 50mpg regularly and be much faster and much better fun as well. Audi S cars are 4WD as well BTW ;)

I mean, seriously, a Golf or a BMW? Really?

Sorry, Im not sure I heard that right, you dont want RWD in case of bad weather? :lol:

RWD on anything other than a Zed in bad weather isnt much different from FWD realistically - my 328i is much better in snow better than my brothers Focus ST for instance. Put winter tyres on the back and youll have no problem at all.

£15K will buy a 2011 123d, it will see 50mpg regularly and be much faster and much better fun as well. Audi S cars are 4WD as well BTW ;)

I mean, seriously, a Golf or a BMW? Really?

Ok so I generalised, I'm naughty. I do know the Audis are 4wd.

Fact is I cant/wont drive a beemer and the 123d is surely a woman's car? :lol:

2 years ago in the snow all I saw were beemers stuck, hence my reservations.

Fact is I cant/wont drive a beemer and the 123d is surely a woman's car? :lol:

RWD, 150mph, 6.8 to 60 does not an effeminate car make ;)

How about a TT?

Can I ask you a question, do you even like me? :lol:

Might look into the TT, new shape is quite nice.

Btw I have put about 3 biased Audi comments today, starting to sound like a fan boy.

I spent 14K on a 09 a5 3.0 tdi sline, seats 4 people ok, the boot is absolutely massive. Mine is mapped and I see mid 40s mixture of motorway/town driving. 50s easily on a motorway journey.

Standard 0 - 60 is 5.9, and it has 4wd for the snow. Road tax was £112 for 6months :thumbs: