Arrggghhhhh, car choices

Flex

1.4 'rocco is 280 per month over 4 yrs, only fractionally slower then the 2.0.

That is 4 yrs though and wasnt that keen on keeping it for that long.

Apparently the 1.4 is turbo and supercharged, zoom, zoom, oh wait thats mazda's catch phrase.

Edited by Flex
  • Like 1

I had a friend with the 1.4 twin charged engine ibiza bocanegra (same engine i believe) and he had no end of problems.

He had at one point two engine replacements and that was all in the first 11 months of brand new ownership.

Said terrible customer service from seat aswell.

I had a friend with the 1.4 twin charged engine ibiza bocanegra (same engine i believe) and he had no end of problems.

He had at one point two engine replacements and that was all in the first 11 months of brand new ownership.

oh dear!

they do get good write ups though!

Wasn't marshalls motor group was it

My 1.4 'rocco was brilliant, great seats, nice interior, decent kit. The only mechanical problem I had was that the car developed a noise which can only be described as the sort of noise you would get if you "stuck a cartoon guinea pig under the throttle and pressed it just hard enough to make it squeak without hurting it" :blush: Apparently it is a design issue and you have to listen deliberately to hear it but by all accounts on the forum lots of owners experienced it.

Otherwise quick car for a 1.4 litre, decent mpg if driven easy as well. You could always stick a sneaky map on it if you are feeling naughty and want some more horses...although the response is pretty sharp as is.

In terms of mechanical issues, all cars have them, the ones on the 'rocco are relatively minor in comparison to lots of other cars from what I saw when I checked.

• Like 1

My 1.4 'rocco was brilliant, great seats, nice interior, decent kit. The only mechanical problem I had was that the car developed a noise which can only be described as the sort of noise you would get if you "stuck a cartoon guinea pig under the throttle and pressed it just hard enough to make it squeak without hurting it" :blush: Apparently it is a design issue and you have to listen deliberately to hear it but by all accounts on the forum lots of owners experienced it.

Otherwise quick car for a 1.4 litre, decent mpg if driven easy as well. You could always stick a sneaky map on it if you are feeling naughty and want some more horses...although the response is pretty sharp as is.

In terms of mechanical issues, all cars have them, the ones on the 'rocco are relatively minor in comparison to lots of other cars from what I saw when I checked.

So now I've got to go test drive a 1.4! I've almost test driven as many cars as I've owned in my life over the last month. Or I could just take your word for it CD and have done with.