Faith in humanity restored today!

Nick350z

To cut a long story short I dropped my 6+ in the road today whilst getting back in my car after a work based errand - and drove off without it. Didn't realise until 15 minutes later when Id got back to work and did the usual checks - keys, wallet, pho...oh no. Engage level 10 panic mode. Anyway my mate called the phone and a guy the other end answers, says he's got it, gives me his address - about 4 miles away, I whizz round there and low and behold he's kept it safe and sound. I really couldn't believe it. He wouldn't even take the offer of a reward and asked me to put some in a charity box instead - which I shall most certainly be doing. An absolute gent who saved me a whole tonne of grief and expense.

As the title says - faith restored!

• Like 6

Lost my wallet in Twickenham a few months back. A very nice girl from one of the local shops found it in the street and brought it to the house. Unfortunately, somebody had got to it before her and liberated the £20 cash I had in it, but I was chuffed that she'd made the effort to bring it to me. :)

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Lost my wallet in Twickenham a few months back. A very nice girl from one of the local shops found it in the street and brought it to the house. Unfortunately, somebody had got to it before her and liberated the £20 cash I had in it, but I was chuffed that she'd made the effort to bring it to me. :)

I'd be glad too. Even if you lost the £20, at least you don't have to go to the hassle of having to cancel all your cards etc, and you get the wallet back! lol

• Like 1

I'd be glad too. Even if you lost the £20, at least you don't have to go to the hassle of having to cancel all your cards etc, and you get the wallet back! lol

Yeah - I was chuffed to get it back and her nice gesture took the edge off feeling bad that someone had taken the money. :)

• Like 1

I found my next door neighbours wallet outside on the driveway,

he had a bundle of money in it , driving license, National Identity card,

Credit cards, and other things..! I went around and rung his door bell, wife answered

and I said "I found your husbands wallet outside on the driveway" she said "OK I'll give

it to him" to this day he hasn't even said thanks and this was in about Sept, so don't suppose he will now... :surrender: :surrender:

• Like 1

To cut a long story short I dropped my 6+ in the road today whilst getting back in my car after a work based errand - and drove off without it. Didn't realise until 15 minutes later when Id got back to work and did the usual checks - keys, wallet, pho...oh no. Engage level 10 panic mode. Anyway my mate called the phone and a guy the other end answers, says he's got it, gives me his address - about 4 miles away, I whizz round there and low and behold he's kept it safe and sound. I really couldn't believe it. He wouldn't even take the offer of a reward and asked me to put some in a charity box instead - which I shall most certainly be doing. An absolute gent who saved me a whole tonne of grief and expense.

As the title says - faith restored!

Glad to hear :)