Any one been to wembely stadium for music event?

jimboy2

Got tickets for the foo fighters this morning. Could only get level 5. Block 528 to be exact.

What's the sound like there? Will it sound alright that high up? Seen them 5 times now so I'm done with standing and I'm getting old!

Might see if I can get some better seats on Friday

Yeah!

I went to see Metallica a few years back in wembley.

I guess it all comes down to the equipment the band are using. Metallica were very good and didnt lose the low end bass due to no roof obviously.

I think this was down to the fact they had a few systems put in place around the stadium to keep the bass presence.

I was standing though but hope you enjoy the gig alright!.

i saw Eminem live this spring.... assuming they setup the equipment in a similar way... then make sure you are as central as possible.

we moved around a little, if you imagine 180 degree line from the stage, then you want to be directly in front of the singer or as close as. get into accute angle to their far left or far right, and all you hear in base. no vocals.

found this out the hard way.

so, stand on the pitch or as far away as possible to get in front of the stage.

difficult to describe. hope that helped.

i didnt go that high. but when walking around you can really hear the quality change as you walk around.

Pritchard

I was at Wembley Stadium last time to see the Foo's. we were pretty high up, there are speakers around the stadium so the sound was still great, they have large screens around the stage too so you can see better.

It was an awesome show, so jealous. I wanted go Wembley again next year, the Mrs cant get the time off work though so I've got tickets to the Sunderland, Stadium of Light gig instead.

We were level 5, 505 btw.

Edited by ajh350z

Been to a couple now, if youre on the pitch then its not too bad as long as youre in the front half, seats towards the front and about halfway seem to be OK too, but anything back from that is poor at best in my experience :(

Ive just turned down Foo hospitality because it was seated, if Im going I want to be on the pitch :)

Shouldnt have that problem for Fleetwood Mac in May at O2 though, I actually did the opposite as if youre on the floor there you can have trouble seeing :)

Edited by docwra

Been to a couple now, if youre on the pitch then its not too bad as long as youre in the front half, seats towards the front and about halfway seem to be OK too, but anything back from that is poor at best in my experience :(

Ive just turned down Foo hospitality because it was seated, if Im going I want to be on the pitch :)

Shouldnt have that problem for Fleetwood Mac in May at O2 though, I actually did the opposite as if youre on the floor there you can have trouble seeing :)

My mrs contemplated buying hospitality tickets but they were 300+ each! Would love to go hospitality.

I do it quite a lot, it was well worth it for Rolling Stones at Hyde Park last year for instance but sometimes its a pisstake - Ive been offered:

Hospitality Package: £399 pp plus 10% plus vat

• Reserved premium seat in the Bobby Moore Club seating blocks on Level One

• Access to hospitality lounge from turnstile opening and throughout show

• Relaxed and informal 'lounge style' with settees, casual tables and chairs

• Complimentary bar including beer, wine, and soft drinks for three hours prior to main act and for one hour post show

• Buffet menu including a selection of gourmet burgers, chef’s deli, grill station, salad garden and choice of desserts

• One hour post show party with dance floor and music

• Complimentary concert programme (one between two)

so basically a £100 ticket, a burger and a few beers before and after (not during) for £400. Errrr, no thanks. :lol:

Went to see U2 when they were doing their 'pollute the world' tour a few years back.

Insanely good.

Got a wave off Bill Nighy in the VIP area as well........he didn't really have much choice to be fair. I was stood there after the show had finished screaming 'bill......BIIIILLLLL' at him. Noel Gallagher looks less than impressed lol