think my car has just been written off!! Update 13/3/15 pics added

kbeast35

Sorry to see a zed in a state of distress.

Although it looks poorly from what I can see it should all come back together - looks like 2 wings and a door skin - insurance companies seem to insist on new parts being used throughout though which may make the figures look a bit hairy when it's all totted up.

Bloooody annoying however. Good look with the repairs.

Sorry to see a zed in a state of distress.

Although it looks poorly from what I can see it should all come back together - looks like 2 wings and a door skin - insurance companies seem to insist on new parts being used throughout though which may make the figures look a bit hairy when it's all totted up.

Bloooody annoying however. Good look with the repairs.

thanks for the support everyone, to be fair to her its an awkward junction as the traffic coming from what would have been her left can't be seen too well as there's a bridge i think she was turning right and was too busy looking left and just didn't see me, couldn't get angry at her as what's done is done and she was clearly as upset as me, its in the hands of the insurance company (admiral) now, who have already confirmed that it's 100% her fault and will be providing me with a hire car as soon as possible at the other insurers expense as mine is not drivable :surrender:

Good attitude. Hope you are back on the road soon.

Sorry to see it mate :(

Hope you get it sorted mate - amazed at how much damage you got considering the damage to hers.

Good luck with it :thumbs:

When I crashed my focus into back of a skyline years and years ago... His rear end was like a meter shorter... All I had is cracked fog light and bumper mesh fell out :lol:

Looks pretty bad and I've a feeling it'll be written off because of the rear quarter damage in particular. Thats not all bad news, though, you can always buy it back and fix it with the left over money and still have enough left over for a nice holiday :D

It looks a lot worse than it is.

The front fender and door skin new £350.

The most expensive part new is the rear quarter panel.

at about £550

Paint approx £300 a panel.

I am guessing the wheel is ok?

£2k should cover providing there is no structural damage.

But you can save by buying 2nd hand parts.

Which could reduce the price to about £15-£1600

A few cars being broken in the for sale section I believe.

Edited by 4RE Leather

It looks a lot worse than it is.

The front fender and door skin new £350.

The most expensive part new is the rear quarter panel.

at about £550

Paint approx £300 a panel.

I am guessing the wheel is ok?

£2k should cover providing there is no structural damage.

But you can save by buying 2nd hand parts.

Which could reduce the price to about £15-£1600

A few cars being broken in the for sale section I believe.

You obviously don't do Insurance quotes Pete do you, 3 years ago 1 x Rays alloy + tyre was £1,200 alone :lol:

If it is a write-off, which it most probably is because of what was already said about insurance prices, do this. Wait for them to come back to you with an offer, tell them to $%&%^*£$^%, wait for a second offer, do the same, wait for a third offer, reluctantly accept it as if you were making them a big favour, buy parts from scrappies, paint/not paint them at sensible prices. If you do it properly it is extremely likely that you will come out of this better off.

• Like 1

if 'no fault' then let an accident managment company handle the claim - regardless of cost your car won't be written off and the cost of a courtesy car is claimed against the third party

if you let the insurance company assess it and they label it a write off then that marker will stick with the car even if you decide to go down the AM route later

Its just the pain of having to go through all the processes, I feel your pain its every drivers worst nightmare, however im sure things will work out for the best its just the time at all takes up. Keep me posted on how things end up.

Edited by chrisday1990