PS4 or Xbox One?

gangzoom

So Tesco are now doing ClubCard boost for X-mas, I've got a whole load of un-used club card vouchers to use up, essentially means I can get either for just £100.

So the age old questions...which is one is better PS4 or Xbox

Currently have both PS3 and Xbox 360, the only game I've played at any length in the last 6 months is GTA V on the 360, and the next gen version looks jaw dropping. Also have a steering wheel for the 360, but I know there's no real backward compatibility with either.

The PS3 is currently been used as a media streamer/blue ray player, I don't think I've actually played a game on it since completing Metal Gear Solid over 2 years ago :lol: , but the PS4 suppose to be the better machine this time round.

Anyone go any experience of either??

I've played both, but I own an Xbone.

If you want driving games, then the Xbone is the only choice. FH2 and FM2 are better than anything else out there right now. Project Cars is coming to both next year, and will probably be 1080/60 on PS4 and 900/60 on Xbone. In isolation, you'll never tell the difference.

PS4 is more powerful, no question. Is it that much more that it's blatantly obvious? Not unless you look at the numbers on Digital Foundry, or the odd occasion like with Tomb Raider, no.

XBL is a more robust system than PSN, but PSN gets you MUCH better free games than XBL.

MS are much better at OS updates than Sony. The Xbone OS is miles ahead of where it was last year, and wees all over the PS4 for media stuff.

Controllers are a personal thing. The PS4 has the touch pad and lights though, which is cool. I still prefer the Xbone pad, but they're both great. Separate feedback on the Xbone pads is nice.

In terms of other games, the PS4 has many more smaller indy games. A lot more. If that bothers you, then that's an easy choice.

Tbh, there's less in it now than there was a year ago. I'm much more comfortable with my choice now that I was, as the games have justified it for me. That said, if you only want to play the big AAA multiplats then definitely go for the PS4, as its graphically stronger. If you want racing games, or the cheaper console, get the Xbone.

Good point fella :)

If you do like gaming with mates, just get the same one as them. If you don't already have mates to play online with, then there's a good Xbone community here and I think the PS4 lot are doing great things with Destiny as well :thumbs:

I've gone PC this generation.

I've owned Xbox's and PlayStation's but if I had to I'd probably go Xbox this gen based on these points:

1: Friends lists - I've got many more xbox friends than PS friends

2: Controller - the PS controller has always felt terrible to me. I've not tried the next gen PS controller but I'm used to the xbox stick layout. I've never felt 'at one' with the PS controller and because of that I lose immersion so the games don't feel as enjoyable.

3: Gaming potential - Bit hard to judge but I think the PS has the best platform for gaming performance - but is the difference really that noticeable?

In my case that's 2 out of 3 for xbox.

Edited by Randy_Baton

I can't comment on the Xbox, but all my mates and I got the PS4 when it was launched a year ago... and we're all really disappointed to the point where we are tempted to switch. The controllers are so delicate that they only seem to last a couple of months, and the PSN is always down or experiencing problems. I had a 360 before and wish I had never sold it; in fact we all think the same. The fact that the latest Gran Turismo was only released on the older PS3 and there are no decent driving games for the newer console as sealed my hatred of it.

I'm not saying that the Xbox would be any better, but surely it can't be any worse?!

I can't comment on the Xbox, but all my mates and I got the PS4 when it was launched a year ago... and we're all really disappointed to the point where we are tempted to switch. The controllers are so delicate that they only seem to last a couple of months, and the PSN is always down or experiencing problems. I had a 360 before and wish I had never sold it; in fact we all think the same. The fact that the latest Gran Turismo was only released on the older PS3 and there are no decent driving games for the newer console as sealed my hatred of it.

I'm not saying that the Xbox would be any better, but surely it can't be any worse?!

The grass is always greener....

I went Xbox one this time and am happy, I thought drive club maybe my excuse to get a ps4 as well but it hasn't turned out like that yet.

If you can afford to why not pick up an Xbox to try before you get shut of your ps4 or even keep both?

they both have their pros and cons but having both fills all the gaps :)

I'm about to make the jump too, and have considered both systems as I currently own both an Xbox 360 and a PS3. I am going with the Xbox One and there were 2 big factors in this decision.

Xbox Live which I feel is so much better than PSN. Its updated more often, works more often, and just seems to work better IMO. Plus I know more people who use Live. The free games might be better on PSN but I rarely buy games on there, I just like it for mutiplayer gaming.

The other factor is the choice of games, mainly the Forza franchise. I love Forza and racing games and so this has swayed me on the Xbox One.

Ultimately though both systems are very similar and good in their own ways.

I bought an Xbox on day1 because they seemed to have better exclusive games and I personally prefer the controller. As with most who bought next gen consoles when first released I feel kinda cheated at the few next gen only titles released over the last year... The fact that we're all so excited about the next gen reboot of GTA5 speaks volumes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any other PS4 owners had controller issues? One of the guys I work with has been through three warranty replacements in under 4mths, for failure on the thumb sticks.

No problems this end yet! *touch wood*

Any other PS4 owners had controller issues? One of the guys I work with has been through three warranty replacements in under 4mths, for failure on the thumb sticks.

Yup, all mine were wrecked within a couple of months, and I hardly use the damn thing! I had to buy covers for the sticks to stop them breaking. I have also been through 2x R2 buttons, and had to buy replacements and fit myself to save being without controllers for weeks whilst Sony fix them.

I only asked as I remembered reading about a few issues when it came out last year, but then heard nothing so assumed it was a dodgy batch and a one off. It was only when my colleague had a little rant about his controllers that it jogged my memory, so thought I'd ask.

I wonder if it's a usage issue, or down to how some people hold it? Just seems odd how it's a few people rather than everyone.

I only asked as I remembered reading about a few issues when it came out last year, but then heard nothing so assumed it was a dodgy batch and a one off. It was only when my colleague had a little rant about his controllers that it jogged my memory, so thought I'd ask.

I wonder if it's a usage issue, or down to how some people hold it? Just seems odd how it's a few people rather than everyone.

Yep bizarre.... i had a PS3 and 360 and didn't mind either controller really. I have put in a lot of hours on Destiny due to being off work to the point I have got cramp in my hands but the controlllers are absolutely fine :shrug:

Not a lot in it really, surprised bobody has mentioned how butt ugly the xBone is, a real black plastic breezeblock!

Anyway the cool kids have PS4 :teeth:

the PS4 isn't going to win any beauty competitions either.

I quiet like the way my Xbox looks on my TV stand, its very low profile, almost invisible,

all boils down to what games you want to play, then pick the console :)

haven't gone for either this time round as they didn't offer anything (graphically) that a medium spec PC as been doing since 2009/10, each to their own...........

all boils down to what games you want to play, then pick the console :)

haven't gone for either this time round as they didn't offer anything (graphically) that a medium spec PC as been doing since 2009/10, each to their own...........

True and I still have my PC but muc more social on a console and after years of mouse + ASWX i prefer a controller now for 1st person :)

A bit like Apple v Android it's whatever suits you as we are all very different :teeth:

Edited by spursmaddave