PS4 or Xbox One?

gangzoom

good job we all like different things as the world would be one strange place if we did :)

gotta disagree with the controller for fps, too much aim assist ;) , again each to their own, the social side is pretty good on the pc too :)

Got both and love both. To me the ps4 is a better quality piece of kit. It looks the part and I love the controller. In comparison the xbox is a breeze block and the controller feels cheap. I'm on my 2nd xbox controller and this one is starting to go now. You can tell they have cut corners.

For me although the ps4 has the better hardware it's not that noticeable while you play. The key fact for me was what do my friends have. Currently most of my friends are on xbox so I got that. The on line servers are far better with xbox too.

However there seems to be a growing ps4 community here too so I may have to get the ps online too.

PS - Do I really need Kinnect?

Need? Nah, probably not.

I wouldn't get one without though. I use my Kinect so much, and when it works it's wonderful. Doesn't matter who fire it up, it'll recognise either me or Jo and show the appropriate set of tiles. Being able to control media playback without having to dig out the controller (I don't have a remote) is stunningly simple, and I would say worth the cost alone. Kinect Fitness is brilliant with it, as you can see what it's recognising in terms of body structure and gets you to improve your posture during exercises. I'm not tired of powering up or down by voice either!

In terms of games though, don't bother as it's simply too poorly supported to be worth it for that alone.