Tool Set

Ceejay29

Hi Guys,

I am after a half decent tool set but am unsure as to what to go for? What I do know is that I will not be buying Snap-On. I have been looking at the Halford's sets; notably the one linked below but can imagine that I probably wouldn't use half of the kit for the zed?

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-150-piece-socket-ratchet-spanner-set

Any suggestions would be great :)

Thanks

That's the set I have and it's pretty awesome at pretty awesome price and pretty awesome lifetime guarantee lol

I used to have boxes and boxes of spanners, sockets etc... Now got rid off them all and got just this tool box - and it's perfect!

Lifetime guarantee is good as well... Few of my mates had couple of problems - and halfords replaced without problem!

Yep I have that one, had it aboue 6yrs now and still good as new. Mini ratchet went pair shaped and despite having orginal receipt they wouldnt't do anything as the new warranty states it does not cover moving parts under the lifetime guarantee. make sure you put the receipt away safe, as the Halfords stores I have dealt with in the past insist on seeing the original.

Can't go wrong with the Halford's professional range.....

Find a friend with a "Halfords trade card" and get even more discount. If I remember I paid around £75 for that kit......

Yep you can get a lot off with the trade card.

I bought a 7 draw tool chest the other week that should have been £150 odd but with my trade card it was only £70. B):yahoo:

Plus one for the Halfords professional range by the way. Very good quality tools for the price. ;)

I got trade card as well...but got told in the store that they only do trade discount on RRP, not offer price and sometimes it comes out more expensive than offer price.

But anyway... I live in Leamington if anybody wants to use my card :)

• Like 1

Ok so I need to hunt down a trade card :lol: I presume that you cannot use them online? Otherwise it would be easily transferable.

Thanks

Maybe you can get your own? Do you meet any of the criteria?

You can apply to become a Trade Card member at any Halfords store***. Find your local store. Simply bring in one of the qualifying criteria below along with proof of signature to obtain a trade card from the parts desk.

Job Role

One of the following qualifying criteria is required to prove you are a mechanic:

Qualified Mechannic

• NVQ or City & Guilds Motor Trade Qualification
  • Business card stating they have their own Mechanics Business

Self Employed Mechanic

Mobile Mechanic

Small Independent Garage Mechanic

Semi Skilled Mechanics from Fast Fit Centres

Commercial vehicle Mechanics

Police, Fire, Ambulance, Mechanics

Bus Mechanic

Local Authority Mechanic

Recovery Mechanic

College Motor Vehicle Staff

College ID stating you are a Motor vehicle lecturer or any of the above

College apprentice Mechanics

Motor trade college enrolment certificate or any of the above

Army Mechanics

REME Cerfticiate or any of the above

RAF or Aviation Engineers

CAA Certificate or airside engineering pass or Aircraft Engineering Maintenance Licence

Can't use them online no, ...well at least not that I know of. Would kind of make it easy to abuse their system. :dry::lol:

So basically a mechanic then! :teeth:

Well yeah but I'm not a mechanic now and I wasn't either when I got my TC. I'm a Rapid Prototyping Technician now. B)

I do have City & Guilds in Motor Vehicle Maintenance/Engineering/Engineering Processes/Engineering Craft Studies/Industrial Studies/Assembling & Dismantling etc etc though.

Just thought I'd show the criteria just in case Ceejay had the qualifications to bluff his way to get the Trade Card. :ninja:

Funnily enough I did work as a Car Valeter, Tyre & Exhaust fitter and an Assistant Classic Car Restorer when I was younger but never had the Trade Card then. :shrug::lol:

• Like 1

Had the exact same set and brought it with a colleague's trade card. Tools are pretty good except few of them have minor issue. First the 3/8" ratchet, sometimes it does jam up, fixed it with WD40 but only for a bit. Took them back and the replace it instantly (even without receipt, as long as the word Halfords Professional is still visible according to the staff). Second is one of the phillip head screwdriver socket was rusting away (probably not being treated) in the box, again they replace it instantly. IMO, lifetime warranty is handy should any of the tool fails to meet quality which they sometimes do.

• Like 2