Selling the zed, maybe...

fellsteruk

... But for a new zed

So just been looking on auto trader and amazed at the prices of some of the 370s and seriously thinking of upgrading but I fear I want like itbas much as my 350? I was also shocked at what you can get for a 350 these days, mines maintained its value based on the prices I've seen for a 54 GT just amazing.

Anyway I wanted to hear your thoughts are the 370z worth it and also would you go manual or auto I like the idea of the flappy paddles but I wonder if that takes the fun out of driving a car like the zed

All comments welcome !!

Lots of threads on the manual/auto debate

The 370 is a nice place to be, better interior, connect premium hu is great, sat nav is good, quicker turn in and sharper steering than the 350, helped no doubt by the shorter wheelbase and wider track

Take a test drive, I think you will be impressed

The standard exhaust is almost silent, if you can budget to change it

Sounds great with an aftermarket exhaust, esp the synchro rev B)

Edited by GIXXERUK

I'm also surprised at just how the 350Z's are holding there prices (bearing in mind asking price and selling price are two different things) I've noticed quite a few the same year as mine with similar mileage, advertised at virtually the same price as i paid for mine. Might also in line for an upgrade to a 370.

Best to try both, but one observation I would make is the fact the paddles on the auto are fixed to the column as opposed to the steering wheel is not right in my book, certainly for spirited driving and that's even if you feel the ratios are right on the road... ;)

I'm sure the 370z is a better car in every aspect, but the standard car isnt as nice to look at IMO.

From what I've been told about the auto, it's nowhere near as good as porsche/BMW/VW twin clutch boxes. I'd def go manual.

I think the 370 would be really nice if the front lights were a similar shape to the 350's but sleeker.

When it was released I really didn't like the front end. It's has grown on me and I do like the Nismos, I'm just not keen on the head light shape.

Early 370's are good value at the moment and nismo bumpers aren't that expensive.

Best to try both, but one observation I would make is the fact the paddles on the auto are fixed to the column as opposed to the steering wheel is not right in my book, certainly for spirited driving and that's even if you feel the ratios are right on the road... ;)

Didn't know that. ;)

That's a bit rubbish tbh although I'm sure owners get used to it and just adapt their driving style to suit. :dry:

Don't even bother testing the 370 you won't like it :lol:

Love mine - get a test drive (then after the novelty value of the paddle shift wears off buy the manual)

Gixxeruk has the rest well covered above :thumbs:

EDIT : I can highly recommend a Supercharged engine as well :cloud9:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Don't even bother testing the 370 you won't like it :lol:

Love mine - get a test drive (then after the novelty value of the paddle shift wears off buy the manual)

Gixxeruk has the rest well covered above :thumbs:

EDIT : I can highly recommend a Supercharged engine as well :cloud9:

Can I get a test drive in yours ;)